• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Extended Double Zepp?

I haven't translated it, yet, but looking at the picture it appears to be the Delta Match. I have used it before on a 2 element Yagi. I did need a 4:1 balun with the Yagi and Delta match.

OPkay, translated and reading it - not a delta match.

What direction is the broadsides of your EDZ facing?

I put up a horizontal dipole facing E & W. However I still get strong skip from the N & S. I guess bouncing off the ionosphere not just changes polarity but brings signals in from overhead too.

thanks for the reply and the always excellent comments.

Mine is also broadside to east and west, however, like yourself I get some from the north and south. I believe the directionality should tighten up as I go higher with it.

I can see a use for a simple edz vertical mouted Here's another interesting matching system used on a ground plane, should work on the edz, was thinking ,on the vertical zep you could make the mast the bottom half .Feed the coax ( and the match)up inside the mast. Still 44 odd feet of ant might still be better off making a ground plane and using the radials as guys.

Attachments

• 10mantenna.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 225
Mine is also broadside to east and west, however, like yourself I get some from the north and south. I believe the directionality should tighten up as I go higher with it.

I think that skip coming in from overhead or nearly so from the direction of the dipole ends will be received just fine as well as lower angle signals to the broadside.

Probably signals from a lower angle will be affected as expected by the directional characteristics of the dipole.

I did some work with lower frequency (3.5mhz) NVIS antennas and signals bounced from overhead or nearly so were received just as well regardless.

I can see a use for a simple edz vertical mouted Here's another interesting matching system used on a ground plane, should work on the edz, was thinking ,on the vertical zep you could make the mast the bottom half .Feed the coax ( and the match)up inside the mast. Still 44 odd feet of ant might still be better off making a ground plane and using the radials as guys.

I used a similar coax matching system with an end fed half wave and it worked very well. I might try your coax matching dimentions on a 5/8 wave and extend the radials skirt to make an EDZ. Should be more practical than working with the open wire feed. I doubt the loss in the coax matching will be very significant.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Well it looks like i found the vertical Extended Double Zep I was looking for. This one uses coax for the radiating elements and a configuration similar to the RFD - Reasonat Feedline Dipole.

Now I just have to figure out how to re-design it in aluminum tubing to get the self supporting kind that I want.

vk2zoi.com/articles/double-five-eighth-flower-pot/

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.