• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Extreme Measures

Cajun Invader

Membership Moderator
Oct 13, 2008
I see that extreme measures have been taken and some threads and post concerning the Justin DePolis arrival have been cleaned up and or deleted.

Were the post and threads deleted due to some sort of forum rule being broken or was it to avoid some sort of confrontation?

I made a sincere post that was well thought out just to have it disappear. I kinda understand what the reason may be but a heads up would also be nice. Afterall, I am a supporting member here.

How did the FreeCell incident turn out? I notice that thread was allowed to run it's course.

Does the deletion of the threads for Justin DePolis indicate the position that the WWDX takes on this matter?

Cajun, I agree with you. We shouldn't play "favorites" between members concerning transactions that happen here. I'm sure the thread was removed to kill the potential drama, but I'm going to put it back. Of course, we always reserve the discretion to lock the thread.

Cajun, I agree with you. We shouldn't play "favorites" between members concerning transactions that happen here. I'm sure the thread was removed to kill the potential drama, but I'm going to put it back. Of course, we always reserve the discretion to lock the thread.

Thank you very much for your honesty and quick reply. I respect that and the fact that you have always been fair.

Hi guys,

I have a different question now.

I surmised that members whose name appear in GREEN were moderators. Does green only signify that one is a donating member?

Are users in RED the only staffers?

Thanks

I see that extreme measures have been taken and some threads and post concerning the Justin DePolis arrival have been cleaned up and or deleted.

Were the post and threads deleted due to some sort of forum rule being broken or was it to avoid some sort of confrontation?

I made a sincere post that was well thought out just to have it disappear. I kinda understand what the reason may be but a heads up would also be nice. Afterall, I am a supporting member here.

How did the FreeCell incident turn out? I notice that thread was allowed to run it's course.

Does the deletion of the threads for Justin DePolis indicate the position that the WWDX takes on this matter?

We have the ability to "hide" threads here.

I hid the thread to "slow the feeding frenzy" with intentions to restore it.

drama can be like a disease in life. He said , she said , they said. When does drama no longer have anything to do with anything ? Does any forum need it ? or do they just tend to feed upon the disease of it ?

Justin to me is simply water under this Forum bridge , the disease seems to continue. Now I can't really speak for others and there feelings about this apparent disease , but I can surely appreciate when moderation cleans it up and the forum gets on with what it was intended to represent as far as radios,amps and antenna's are concerned.

Yes I have become apart of the same disease , after 4 years it was kind of hard not to miss. It was cleaned up back then and I can only hope it will be cleaned up again. I've heard it mentioned in a few threads ...."Here we go again" ......if that's what you want ? that's what you will have.

I personally thought you had it right the first time Mole when you cleaned it up , no more if you were to delete something I had posted in the past when you personally thought it wasn't koshar for given thread. Your call.

IM sure you could personally do without any of this so called drama and or dis-ease. I realizing being fair for all's concerns can not always be the easiest of jobs , but somebodies got to do it for the good of many. Peace

Switch, I agree with you to a point. Had Justin not rejoined and then listed a bunch of stuff for sale I feel cleaning was ok. But with him listing things for sale don't you agree that peeps should have access to information about him. Or should we let all those who have had bad doings come back over a set period of time with no mention of their past. Look out number 7 and all those others. Buying online is a crap shoot but no need in allowing the house to cheat, if you get my drift.

And why is it, that it seems the ones who appear to be the smartest are the ones who get away with this more often than not. I guess peeps feel if someone knows what they are talking about they must be good people. Not always true, is it?

Switch Kit said:
))))))))))ATTENTION FREECELL(((((((((((((

Why is it OK with you to tarnish your own knowledge and know how and business ethics ? It took me a while to get an understanding of your mode of operations when it comes to questions asked by others whom are looking for help or understandings about a given issues. It's just who you are. Take it or leave it. I've personally appreciated your not so direct help to others or myself. Thank you.

But what is up with this kind of business activities towards good up front paying customers ? It's obvious you have been known to do this to others in the past . What ever the case may be Freecell ? I can only hope that you can get your shit together concerning your business ethics towards others. I would personal hate to see you not posting anymore , I've kind of gotten used to your shitty attitude towards others and things. (the truth might hurt , but it is what it is)

So Switch, do you also feel that the FreeCell thread should be cleaned up or removed?

I see that you have no problem adding to the drama on that issue. Why is the Justin DePolis issue different.

The below quote from Freecell where is my radio part 2 thread seems to add drama. Is it only okay to add drama when it's a current event?

Do you place a statute of limitations on threads that you inject drama into?

If Freecell returned today would that be considered "Water Under The Bridge"?

Switch Kit said:
img5399.jpg

Last edited:
yes , I do understand your point 714. It's obvious to me and has been for years that this "person" had good and bad dealings with others. iM sure you can remember the B.S. of a few years back concerning this issue.

He was never banned from this forum that I can remember , he just went away. I also recall that moderation didn't have a problem with him either at the time. Moderation just tried to let it run it's course the best they could without any extra B.S. added.

remember the old B.S. section this forum had ? you had to ask moderation for a key to get in , I personally never did. I would bet to say that it helped keep drama like this on the regular Forum down to a roar and helped moderation to keep order.

Drama is a part life , this I understand. My personal cup can simply run over with it from time to time. Especially when it doesn't have to be to begin with. I don't make the rules , I just do the best I can to follow them. And your right , I didn't open a can of worms here , the situation was allowed to open itself. iM sure this to shall pass one way or the other.

Good to hear from you 714.

I never said it was Cajun , you are surely overly spoken around here ? IM not moderation around here and nor have I ever been and nor will I ever be. My guess is this , if you were ? maybe guys like Freecell and Justin would be banned ? maybe even me for no more then expressing my opinion ?

I don't know why either one of these guys still exsist upon these Forum walls let alone a handful of others I could think of ? I don't call the shots or make the rules on what can and can't stay around here.

I have now become apart of the disease and or drama I orignally posted about. Bottom line here was that I totally agreeded with Mole when it came to cleaning up this B.S. in the first place. (not to place it back upon the forum walls) If I have something deleted (which I have from time to time over the years) I seldom would ever question it. They have a feedback section for others to speak there peace in. I believe it was designed that way to keep the Forum running in a healthy , drama free manner. Good luck to you.

Please don't consider me over spoken if I question why one of my post were deleted. I have a right to know why.

Me moderate a forum.....hahahahahahaha......you have to be kidding.

I would never ban you if I was a moderator. People are only banned when someone can't deal with them. I'm sure I can deal with anyone, anywhere at anytime.

By the way, Moleculo didn't delete the thread or post, he however put it back. The thread was hidden to slow the feeding frenzy. It's all explained above if you go back and read the thread.

See Switch, I just don't go with the flow. I make my own path. If I have a question about something I am not afraid to ask it and if I don't like the answer I'm not afraid to let it be known.

What you saw transpire in this thread between me and Moleculo was two adults communicating an issue. I asked and he answered.

Don't get me wrong Switch, I love drama and I love calling a Spade a Spade but what I love more is having fun.

I understand your point about the feedback section but I really don't care as you don't. You didn't use the feedback section when you were commenting on the Freecell situation.

The forum disease that you speak of does have a cure by the way....It's called the ignore function.

So Switch, I guess it's "Time To Play The Game"

YouTube - Big Nasty Truckers Guide To The Internet

Last edited:
I understand your point about the feedback section but I really don't care as you don't. You didn't use the feedback section when you were commenting on the Freecell situation.

after four years of this and that , I asked a question that Freecell was surely not going to answer.....as he never did. Yes Canjun , you do like this kind of drama.

I go off topic from time to time within reason I would think , as I stated before , this goes back years with these guys . They never seem to be totally out of line concerning moderation and this Forum. They are out of line with other members which in turn tends to be moderated on every 2 cents that drops on the table from others. (including my own)

As a few other members mentioned ..Here we go again. Asking Freecell questions (weather he cared to reply or not) was not trolling. (and this had nothing to do with him) As far as moderation was concerned 2.5 years ago concerning Justin , they didn't have a problem with him , members did. He wasn't on restriction from being a member here as far as I knew.

Moderation (Mole) made it loud and clear back then , it was to between the parties involved on given transactions and nobody else. Like Freecell , it appears to be a member to member situation as far as moderation seems to care , within reason of course.

It's the same ole drama applied , he or she did me right , but he or she did me wrong , it is stated over and over again on just about any Forum , personal one on one business is at your own risk.

When I see or not see posts deleted , I know they were not kosher concerning moderation. Not much need to ask why. Better a post be deleted then your whole guest privilages 86'ed

Also , 74in's link (I only saw it because it was a link) should about summed it up for alls concerns. I suppose for some , that would have been more then enough said. Ah ?

The forum disease that you speak of does have a cure by the way....It's called the ignore function.

I totally agree with that statement. Thank you.

Listen, have I had a handful of bad dealings, yes. I can count each one I think.

1: A FT-100D that I was slow to ship out, and the guy kept wanting more and more accessories for it after I told him, the price was just for the radio.

2: A micrphone the was lost at FG Best. That wasn't my company, and we did look for it.

3: A radio damaged in shipping to TonyV. I gave him my personal Kenwood radio, a G5RV antenna new in the box, 3 ham radio books, and a whole care package probably valued over 1200.00 to make it right after UPS would not honor their claim.

4: A small amount (probably 3) customers that still had problems with their radios after we closed the doors almost three years ago.

5: A listing I had on QRZ.COM for some CB type equipment that they removed, and I got upset. (this was about 8 years ago)

If you take into account that I've been doing online business since before some of these members knew what the internet was (remember compuserve in the 2400 / 9600 baud days) then I don't think we're doing too bad.

Did i say I always make everyone happy? NO.

Do you know I have had messages in the past day from a member asking me to give him a refund on a radio worked on over three years ago? Unbelieveable. I poseted for three months that we were closing down, and when we did, that's it... we're done, over, final.

I just do thank everyone that was satisfied which was over 98% of our customers, for their support back then.

With that, I am not going to entertain this any longer. Moving on...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.