• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Factory power lead Stryker SR 955

I had a 955 for a short period of time. I believe the fuse was a 15 amp. I did replace the factory fuse holder because it was getting warm when used on FM. I forget how much voltage drop I had across the fuse holder but it was not acceptable.

You can probably go to an auto part store and get some heavy duty wire and fuse holder cheaper than the premade harness. You'll just have to solder the connector on.

Overkill on the wiring is good just use the proper fuse where it connects to the battery. If the fuse is at the radio the wiring between the fuse and battery can still short out and start a fire.
Do you have any suggestions on an Auto store and size of fuse to use at the Battery

I went to HD or Lowe's. It's on spools in the electrical dept.

Again this is what I did.

I'm sure others will chime in today
Hey bud thanks did you also pick up a fuse and holder same place as the wire how did you buy per metre or feet just a rough Estimate of the cost

I’m just going to be running the wire from the Battery into the Car roughly just a temporary instal
I would guess that you will need at least 10ft. Run both the positive and negative to the battery. The fuse will depend on the size wire you run. The fuse at the battery is to protect the wire not the radio.

Reactions: skip searcher
That’s a good looking fuse holder I’m wondering would 10 AWG wire fit through the case , to be joined up by opening the screws
Those will take a 4 gauge wire, so 10 gauge will not be a problem. These are really made for car audio crowd that's into running high power amps. To them it's all about the bass and destroying their ears. Of course they will also work for your purpose. Car stereo shops usually have a great quality selection of wire sizes too.

Those will take a 4 gauge wire, so 10 gauge will not be a problem. These are really made for car audio crowd that's into running high power amps. To them it's all about the bass and destroying their ears. Of course they will also work for your purpose. Car stereo shops usually have a great quality selection of wire sizes too.
Thanks for the link

Do you have any suggestions on an Auto store and size of fuse to use at the Battery

Any auto part store should have a fuse holder rated for 30 amps. You should use whatever amp fuse came in the radio. I believe mine had a 15 amp but it's been a couple of years.

Something like this.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...bddea966/bwd-30-amp-fuse-holder/fh115/2600427

Now that it is properly fused at the battery you can eliminate the factory fuse holder. There will be voltage drop across any fuse so you might as well minimize that if you can. If you are going to be running more that the radio with the wiring you are about to install we need to rethink the fuse situation.

Reactions: skip searcher
So it’s a 15 Amp fuse on the factory power lead I see the pre wired Harness thst Bells sell has a 20 Amp blade fuse Added, so I’m Assuming the factory lead is soldered or connected to the factory lead that plugs into the radio .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated