• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC at the tolls and scales

Capt you are getting your blood pressure up. It just is not going to register though. Maybe a stick figure drawing would help but I doubt it. You tried.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nope. BP is still at 122 over 83. Just had it checked about an hour ago. :D The wife is the one with high blood pressure. I do however feel as if I am simply beating my head against the wall. :headbang

The thing is people are being fined or taken to court for having a radio. All because they think you might have used it. They have no proof of you transmitting. So they are giving you a ticket for a thought in their head. The law is not about thoughts. You have to have proven evidence to condemn anyone. No assumptions.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to what's going on in the good ole US of A. People are losing way more than a radio, with no trial, no proof of wrongdoing, and no recourse. Google asset forfeiture, and see how it's being misused.

Read some firsthand accounts, it's an eye opener:
http://m.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/08/12/130812fa_fact_stillman?currentPage=all

Having a radio taken from you is the least of your worries...

Nope. BP is still at 122 over 83. Just had it checked about an hour ago. :D The wife is the one with high blood pressure. I do however feel as if I am simply beating my head against the wall. :headbang

I know. One hour study put down $10 get your tech and a free chance on the general test and the world is good. $139 for Yaesu 2900. No brainer.

I know. One hour study put down $10 get your tech and a free chance on the general test and the world is good. $139 for Yaesu 2900. No brainer.

Hmmmmm.......seems to me I heard that somewhere before.........:whistle:

Spend an hour or two memorizing answers to questions like most people do nowadays and get a tech ticket and be 100% legal regardless of what the name on the radio is.

FCC has the right to inspect your equipment. If you don't allow them, you get a citation. If you don't allow them a second time, you get a notice of liability. Installation of an "export" radio, which 10 meters are not, is not illegal or a violation of the rules. Modifying any equipment to work on CB and then transmitting on CB without getting the radio certified is a violation of the rules. First you get a citation, and the second time you get a NAL. It is not a violation of the rules to have any equipment installed in your vehicle, other than certain amps. This includes "export" radios. The FCC has to catch you transmitting. If you read the citations, most of those caught by the FCC admit they were transmitting. Lying about transmitting can be a felony (obstruction of justice). Better just to refuse to answer any question than lie. Tell the FCC to talk to your lawyer. You will probably get a citation, but they can't give you a NAL or fine you without proof of transmission. That prove can be circumstantial evidence.

Let's be realistic, no bullshit, just reality. How many people install an export radio simply to listen too and NEVER EVER transmit on it?

Answer: About the same number that buy a sports car and NEVER EVER break the speed limit. IOW NONE.

Maybe the wording of the law has changed in past years but it used to state that you may only INSTALL certified equipment with no mention of transmitter only. Just simply installation.

Reactions: 1 person
I get you don't like "export" radios, but their existence is the fault of the FCC. Don't like them? Raise the allowable watts on CB. Most people would buy a higher power certified radio if it meant they wouldn't have to buy an amp or an "export" but could still get their signal out a halfway decent distance. Is it realistic to think that some people just listen on their "export" radio? I think some people do just listen on 10 meter, although I also believe they transmit on CB. I know an FCC agent who has a modified ICOM that works on 11 meters. He insists he just "listens" to CB and doesn't transmit on it. You believe him?

Reactions: 3 people
One,its not a type accepted radio.Two,its modded to 11mtrs...dont mater if its a Uneden,Icom,Kenwood,Yaesu,Connex...what ever,its not type accepted for 11mtrs.And if DOT is checking rigs,and Federal Cookie Company is there and sees it,they can take it.Its the plain view law.

The FCC does not take radios. An agent may ask you for it, but there is no obligation to turn the radio over and the FCC has no right to take the radio.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.