• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Proposes $18,000 Fine in Louisiana Amateur Radio Interference Case

if you haven't read the actual FCC notice, it is totally worth it!

they quote him as stating to the FCC, "i'll tell you what i told the other garbage around here, go pound sand lady" LMAO!

The FCC agents also found him in his car parked right next to the repeater site with a handheld radio trying to hold the evening net hostage.

They knocked on his window LOL!!!

The sad part is that they will probably take his ham license away which means he will only have a CB radio with which to bother people.

"blue waffle"!
LC

Reactions: W2EKG
Is he serious??

"Defining new standards ...."

That's right because we need trolls in either radio hobby.
And this one is trying to belittle and slander people on a website.

The guy is unglued and his defence against interference is laughable at best.

notice how his entire case against the radio club in question is based upon adhering to the letter of the law FCC amateur regs, but he has zero problem jamming on the CB band.

kind of ironic how one of the biggest CB jammers becomes a policy wonk when it comes to amateur radio.

regardless of the service, the rules of CB and ham radio both carry the same weight when they are enforced.
LC

His quote:
(b) Each station licensee and each control operator must cooperate in selecting transmitting channels and in making the most effective use of the amateur service frequencies.

From what I understand and I may be wrong here but he was trying to talk simplex to someone on the output of the repeater?
A repeater he knew was there and was going to hear it.

Now, the quote above says...
and in making the most effective use of the amateur service frequencies.

I would think the repeater, which greatly extends the range of mobile units, is a far more effective use of the frequency than waffle trying to talk to someone simplex on a frequency he damn well knows is in use by a repeater.

Reactions: midnight special

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated