• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Warning Jan 1/25/2021

I need a video clip of that moment in the flick "Independence Day" when Will Smith's character asks the geek "Can you really do all that bullshit you just said?"

The array can only heat a small sector of the ionosphere directly above it, and nowhere near enough to propagate elsewhere.

Most of the patent's claims are above my pay scale, but it looks like typical "kitchen sink" patent language. Throw in every possible angle to your claim. You don't have to prove they'll all work. Or any of them, for that matter.

Color me skeptical, even if I can't just quote you off the cuff just how many terawatts of juice you need to cause any real mischief. More of them than HAARP's got.

Now, if you took the Duga-3 array and laid it on its back pointing straight up? You would still need to come up with a not-yet-exploded nuke plant to power it.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I need a video clip of that moment in the flick "Independence Day" when Will Smith's character asks the geek "Can you really do all that bullshit you just said?"

The array can only heat a small sector of the ionosphere directly above it, and nowhere near enough to propagate elsewhere.

Most of the patent's claims are above my pay scale, but it looks like typical "kitchen sink" patent language. Throw in every possible angle to your claim. You don't have to prove they'll all work. Or any of them, for that matter.

Color me skeptical, even if I can't just quote you off the cuff just how many terawatts of juice you need to cause any real mischief. More of them than HAARP's got.

Now, if you took the Duga-3 array and laid it on its back pointing straight up? You would still need to come up with a not-yet-exploded nuke plant to power it.

Funny Nomad. Rather than admit your assumption was wrong and the inventors patent does indeed state the device is fully capable of both altering weather and blocking out worldwide communications, you now think their patent is wrong and essentially worthless, because it claims everything but the kitchen sink and you didn't understand most of it. Overreaching, vague or inaccurate claims do little to protect a 300 million dollar invention and is why they have made very specific claims and have precisely described the actions that make them occur. Right down to the exact power levels required and the time it takes for the desired effect to occur.

Regardless of pay scale, I understand they are targeting the Van Allen Belts which circle the globe. They are doing it from a location on the earth that they have concluded, the intersecting magnetic lines are optimal to have the desired impact (exactly where the patent predicted it would need to be located in advance) and have learned about the phenomena since discovering it in nuclear tests from the 1950's and 60's.

If you're so sure the patent is now false and it's impossible to accomplish what the patent claims with this power or from one location, remember, HAARP is by far, not the only installation of its type, even though it was placed in the prime location to do its job. You'll also notice no place in that patent will you find any reference whatsoever to "atmospheric research". While people like Chis Fallon parrot the public cover story endlessly, the extensive patent fails to even mention the two words together, a single time!

The word "research" is used once, in reference to the name of a 1960 publication. Does it makes sense that they would invest 300 million into an invention for "Atmospheric Research", when the patent claims it does everything else, but that? Generally speaking, research is a "passive" thing where you observe behavior. Everything about this device, appears to be "actively" modifying, what it claims to be researching.

Here are a few of the key statements taken verbatim from the patent:

• [The] temperature of the ionosphere has been raised by hundreds of degrees in these experiments.
  • A means and method is provided to cause interference with or even total disruption of communications over a very large portion of the earth. This invention could be employed to disrupt not only land based communications, both civilian and military, but also airborne communications and sea communications. This would have significant military implications.
  • It is possible ... to take advantage of one or more such beams to carry out a communications network even though the rest of the world's communications are disrupted.
  • [It] can be used to an advantage for positive communication and eavesdropping purposes.
  • Exceedingly large amounts of power can be very efficiently produced and transmitted.
  • This invention has a phenomenal variety of ... potential future developments. Large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction or deflection. Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. Ozone, nitrogen, etc. concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased.
  • Electromagnetic pulse defenses are also possible. The earth's magnetic field could be decreased or disrupted at appropriate altitudes to modify or eliminate the magnetic field.

Last edited:
Reactions: freecell
The Soviets have been using techniques and systems that are widely ignored in the western world. They have been engineering the weather over North America for decades. Apparently the vector sum of zero for an electro magnetic wave is not nothing as we are taught. The 5th dimension? Thirteen dimensions? Wow, we got some catching up to do.

Turn the S**T on because the bands SUK!!!!!:whistle::D:D:D

<humor>

What a concept.
Chris, do you have any contact info for the guy running this thing?
If we can get get him to fire this up, maybe just on the weekends so we can work dx.......
Screw waiting for sunspots.

We never know what they are playing with until years later anyways.

Shhhh
They are listening.
ECHELON

Jeff

Reactions: BJ radionut
Ooohh. Chemtrails... Yummy!

Another conspiracy conspiracy.

My biggest problem with 'widespread conspiracy' theories is simple arithmetic. No calculus needed.

To wit: Two men can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

As you mislabel me the "conspiracy theorist" remember, my statements are in agreement with the inventor and his patent, that turned out to be worth a 300 million dollar investment... The same patent you were so sure was not going to support the claims I made in previous posts, that you called my bluff, until it did.

Now which paragraph in the patent was it that supported your theory, that it's just some innocent atmospheric research program?

I'll wait...

Didn't think so.

PS: This is like Déjà vu, regarding a certain linear that you were sure was not possible.

Reactions: DoctorAudio
My biggest problem with 'widespread conspiracy' theories is simple arithmetic. No calculus needed.

To wit: Two men can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

It helps to understand that those directly involved with the development of HAARP, like Dr. Eastlund, were strictly held to a non disclosure agreement, which extended twice as long as the time, that the patent remained valid. They simultaneously hired a slew of public relations people over the years like Chris Fallon, to convince you that there was nothing to see.

Now if they could just eliminate that pesky patent, they would have never had to start using the word "conspiracy", with HAARP.

The real question here isn't whether or not the US gov. can shut down communication between its citizens.

The real question is what forms of amateur radio communication stand the best chance of working should this situation come about.

If we are smart enough here to interpret the patent sheets for the HAARP project, (which run completely contrapuntal to my theory that the CIA monitors which patents do and don't get made JK)
Then we are obviously smart enough to figure out how to get around whatever the hell QRM comes our way!

is it VLF? is it moon bounce?
These are the questions we should be asking.
LC

Reactions: Shockwave
The real question here isn't whether or not the US gov. can shut down communication between its citizens.

The real question is what forms of amateur radio communication stand the best chance of working should this situation come about.

If we are smart enough here to interpret the patent sheets for the HAARP project, (which run completely contrapuntal to my theory that the CIA monitors which patents do and don't get made JK)
Then we are obviously smart enough to figure out how to get around whatever the hell QRM comes our way!

is it VLF? is it moon bounce?
These are the questions we should be asking.
LC
To determine that, you have to consider propagation and assume that interference on a given band, would not defy its typical propagation pattern. In other words, pick the highest frequency you can and stay away from any band that has skywave propagation. Unfortunately, that means DX contacts would most likely be impossible. When the ionosphere is "not cooperating", you want to rely on line of sight contacts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.