• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Few question on my Optima MK3..

something in your vid just does not seem right,, do you have any other antenna's you can try, is your Wilson new or used? , does the receive come and go when you wiggle test your connections?

I do not have another antenna. I got it used, but DTB checked it, and it was good..

Nothing when I wiggle it

I do not have another antenna. I got it used, but DTB checked it, and it was good..

Nothing when I wiggle it

just so you know the Wilson antenna's are known for letting moisture in, they can still show a good swr and be full of water and corrosion, just something to keep an eye on, if your looking for a step up someday, look into the sirio 5000(much better quality than the wilsons)

The manual has a mic diagram. Power is in pin 2 or 3. Just make sure the mic is wires correctly.

I made a 4 to 8 pin adaptor out of a 10" right angle adaptor. http://workman-cp4-10-4-pin-microphone-extension-cord.html. Strangely, my sr198 4 pin mike works but my ASTATIC 636 4pin doesn't. I'll figure it out bet...at any rate... Did you say you're having the issue when using the stock mic?

I had a Wilson 1000 do the same thing, no receive, key it up and it would be ok for a while. It got worse and worse. Replaced the coil and it seems fine for now. I use the mag mount for a backup antenna now,

thanks Duster now the HM-12 mic I sold him he thinks something is wrong with it, so now I am refunding him his money, that's ok I like the mic a lot anyway

Do you have the same issue with the stock mic?

No. Well I asked on air and they said no. But I was switching mics after its been keyed up a few times, so I guess the antenna or internals were "heated" up... I dont know if the lag or scratchy-ness at first is antenna or mic related.

the stock mics on the Optima sound like crap the HM-36 jap mic or the HM-12 Jap mic work very well, even the HM-36 copies work better than the stock mic, but I have no problem refunding him the price for the mic if he is not happy, if he is having an audio issue is sure isn't the mic because I have used that exact mic on my radio and got great audio reports

camaro1 he bought a HM-12 mic from me that worked great on my MKIII and said it doesn't work right so I can just assume he has some other issue with something, I offered him a full refund on the mic just cuz I know it works great on anything that it will plug into

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.