• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Field Day This Weekend ...... and no threads here .... lol

yay Field Day ! ham radio popular much !
lol
I don't do ANY form of Contesting or NETS so I will also be on 12 & 17 Meters this weekend.Some say that Field Day is not a Contest but if not then why do they keep score? So happy my Mosley is a Five Band Yagi so it includes the WARC Bands.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW

Reactions: Rwb
I will be participating in the yearly "emergency preparedness contest" some as I always do. Operating from home - no way going out anywhere in this heat wave. But staying off the ridiculously packed 40 & 20. Going to stay on 10 and 6 only and focusing on 6.

I intend to use field day to work out my QRP portable setup. Virtually the only time there are enough stations across the bands willing to make quick contacts with portable QRP stations. Also, field day tends to run off the sit around and listen to themselves rattle guys (boring...).

I always find it interesting how many times 10 meters suddenly is open on Field Day and just the day before you'd loose your voice calling CQ with not a single response.
sad its only used for head count. i cant see much in contesting.people used to VISIT or CHAT and make friends,not anymore .
but thats my opinion
calling same thing over n over all day be boring id think unless you got that repeat no reply this is CHARLY ROGER FOUR CQ CQ on 28.425 tiying the call spot up. it isnt his full call sign but close nuff if you used .425 trying to see whats out there

I don't do ANY form of Contesting or NETS so I will also be on 12 & 17 Meters this weekend.Some say that Field Day is not a Contest but if not then why do they keep score? So happy my Mosley is a Five Band Yagi so it includes the WARC Bands.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
oh you old meanie lol same views here

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
I will be located SE Indiana in grid EM79/private space location(y)

FD: actually done "in-field" always has challenges, always learning; this is true, and I have been thru 20+ FD operations.
It's much more difficult IMHO, when only 1-2 people operate and do all the set-up/ tear down. Takes effort/skill.
We will have maybe 3-400 q's tops, (we collect states/grids)
Again, MHO no junk set-up normally gets close to that with single op + logger during some hours.
(My personal best was many years ago 1100+ Q's) (early 90's sun cycle)
All Enjoy
All the Best
Gary

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357
Field Day has morphed into many variants from it's original days, and seems to be more of a contesting event in many areas (example: a club in this area is trying to ensure that all hf rigs are the same model, to eliminate the learning curve of someone moving to another table and having to figure out a different radio, thus keeping them in contention for the most points). Other groups are closer to the concept of learning how to setup radios and antennas with an emergency power source (battery, gas powered generator, solar panels, etc.), but whatever you're doing on Field Day, have fun doing it!

Reactions: BJ radionut
I will be located SE Indiana in grid EM79/private space location(y)

FD: actually done "in-field" always has challenges, always learning; this is true, and I have been thru 20+ FD operations.
It's much more difficult IMHO, when only 1-2 people operate and do all the set-up/ tear down. Takes effort/skill.
We will have maybe 3-400 q's tops, (we collect states/grids)
Again, MHO no junk set-up normally gets close to that with single op + logger during some hours.
(My personal best was many years ago 1100+ Q's) (early 90's sun cycle)
All Enjoy
All the Best
Gary

I can setup my portable setup in less than 10 minutes for full 100 watts output or use my QRP radio.Some people over complicate getting a station up & running.They over think a simple process & stress themselves out taking away the FUN they should be having with radio.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
sad its only used for head count. i cant see much in contesting.people used to VISIT or CHAT and make friends,not anymore .
but thats my opinion
calling same thing over n over all day be boring id think unless you got that repeat no reply this is CHARLY ROGER FOUR CQ CQ on 28.425 tiying the call spot up. it isnt his full call sign but close nuff if you used .425 trying to see whats out there
Don't forget the Frequency Police who try & get you to Move Off of 28.400.00 because they proclaimed it the National 10 meter SSB Calling Frequency which is100% FALSE.I asked him where it is in the Band Plan & he did not know because it's a MYTH & totally Untrue.There is NO SUCH THING as a 10 meter SSB Calling Frequency so use 28.400.00 all that your heart desires.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated