• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fine Tune CB shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
He finally contacted me by Facebook, then by phone. After chatting some more through Facebook Messenger, I had a few more questions for him and here is his response. I asked what exactly could I expect from a Stryker 447HPC tune and aligned by him and he responded with "You will only waste my time once .."

Now when I click on his Facebook page I get this "Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

Oh well no great loss I suppose, as his ego seemed a bit over inflated for my taste...:ROFLMAO:
He Thinks he is GOD. It sounds like all he does is tune to factory specs. Too pompus for me.

If given the opportunity, I think all of you need to go meet Mark Sherman at Fine tune (if you can find him since he is always on the move) in person to get the full experience like I did once. Just pretend you are a noob with your first CB so you will be treated well!

Sorry Rabbi, but you said it!

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
So your saying one needs to be completely ignorant so Mark will treat you right so in actuality, he'll be able to easily blind people with his B.S.
More like someone needs to be devoid of worthless opinions so that they will be able to completely follow instructions without allowing their opinion to get in the way of a successful installation.
He prefers working for old timers that are capable of doing their own antenna work without him having to babysit the customer through the entire process.
Here's a primary case in point...
What kind of idiot came up with this concept of separating your antenna feed point 42 inches from the ground plane and expecting to get any sort of performance out of it?
Even funnier, once the guy realized it didn't work he thought that by bolting his antenna directly to the body of the truck that perhaps it might work better if the center conductor of his coaxial cable was shorted out direct to the body of the truck. This is precisely the type of customer Mark has no interest in providing services for.
Naturally when the guys radio catches fire or explodes because of the idiotic installation Mark is probably going to get the blame even though he specifically told the customer multiple times not to use that bracket.

Last edited:
I have a stock anan that sounds and receives much better. Can mark install pure signal in a 955? :D
Could? Probably.
Will? Probably not, unless you want to pay him an astronomical fee.
If it deviates from his normal routine he would charge a fortune for stuff like that.
His business revolves around truck drivers mostly. 2 years ago if you told him you wanted to use a Heil PR40 with your radio, he wouldn't have wanted your business.
It was purely by chance that he stumbled upon the Heil PR781 and played with it before deciding he liked it enough to develop a tuning procedure for it and the PR40.

Last edited:
Could? Probably.
Will? Probably not, unless you want to pay him an astronomical fee.
If it deviates from his normal routine he would charge a fortune for stuff like that.
His business revolves around truck drivers mostly. 2 years ago if you told him you wanted to use a Heil PR40 with your radio, he wouldn't have wanted your business.
It was purely by chance that he stumbled upon the Heil PR781 and played with it before deciding he liked it enough to develop a tuning procedure for it and the PR40.

I was kidding. Look into what pure signal is and does. If he could adapt that to a cb set he wouldn't be doing what he does for a living.

I was kidding. Look into what pure signal is and does. If he could adapt that to a cb set he wouldn't be doing what he does for a living.
Almost anything's possible for the right amount of money and the right amount of time researching how to get it done but it does get to a point where it's not really practical.

He Thinks he is GOD. It sounds like all he does is tune to factory specs. Too pompus for me.
I have had 5 radios tuned from him all of them have been heard in DX land even my base station was done from him. He does do good work!! He is all about business and nothing else. Even in my diesel wagon I run a barefoot radio and still talk DX with it and its no pompus radio at all..

If given the opportunity, I think all of you need to go meet Mark Sherman at Fine tune (if you can find him since he is always on the move) in person to get the full experience like I did once. Just pretend you are a noob with your first CB so you will be treated well!

Sorry Rabbi, but you said it!
Its very hard to make friends with Mark, he is all about business and nothin else, he does no favors for any-one even if you are a friend. I started going in his CB shop when he was set up in Amarillo next to the T/A about 7 years ago I would hear him for miles going across 40. I finally stop in when he was open weird hrs the man had opens in the late afternoon closes around 1am. I went in and asked questions the first thing he said $65 or walk out the door, how rude this dude is so I left. The next week i stop in again he was always on the radio with a total different personality than in person. This time I spent the $65 for his tune on 99v then he was more reluctant to have a conservation on radios asked me about my antenna system grounds mounting etc.. I took his advice and did the work over a 2 week time little by little I was doing what he said and he was very informative to me to do it right. I would stop in every week or 2 just to say hi started to asked more questions. Then it came time to add my Texas Star 500 then it was more money from me, he match the radio with the amp. Put in the truck started talking DX and i was hooked loved it being heard all over the country. I wanted to go bigger so I bought more radios and bigger amps all tuned by Mark and no one else I have spent way over $1000 or more to him over the years. Driven out of route just so he could do my radio work. He is good of what he does I would never use any-one else.

I tried to make friends with Mark, thinking there may be a few others as well as me. I was never trying to get something for nothing from him, but in his world its all about business to him or Shut the Fuck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.