• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fine Tune CB shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want to have customers you need people skills
i would never ever go to a person like him ever. he has his cheerleaders here. he does nothing magic all smoke and mirrors. i would never recommend tap tap to anyone. so go a head and try to make him your hero. i would never buy or send that a hole a radio

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Mr. Pork Chop...

If you own a CDL - you know your rights and responsibilities...

so...

You don't drive to jeopardize your income - you are a professional driver - you're paid to haul. That's how you make money...pass a Weigh Station when your "EZ-Pass" doesn't tell you to - you get in trouble. You can lose your CDL and any endorsements - including the privilege of ever driving again.

Why threaten a GROL or MROP?

A guy who owns a CB shop - "Unfortunately those guys will follow a service manual" - that's your moniker.

The "guy that owns a CB Shop" - may also be in business for other types of radio, Commercial and Electronic repair.

They don't need to jeopardize their licenses to make someone "happy". I've already witnessed clowns get cited and have to have someone sign off on their equipment and unless you have had that happen to you - you don't really know what you are talking about.

I'm glad to know that you've taken the "journey" to see many of the CB shops that grace the Truckstops scattered across this great Country of ours - and I'm also sure you've have the joy of listening to the conversations that went on in the parking lot around the CB Shop - afterwards.

As you travel along those roads I know you're well aware of those that "Flaunt" their licenses directly in front of those like the FCC or in some instances - even the State Police that are brought in to investigate complaints involving conduct.

When someone is responsible and or takes responsibility to repair equipment and make a living off of the job - some have got enough hairs growing in the rights spots to take on such a task and stand for what is right and base their reputations on it. Some don't and simply move down the block and use new signage as a wrapper to show the world they're the new kids on the block and we know what to do.

Funny - you can still identify whom they really are, they still put up the same old beat up antenna - out back behind the shack.

Yeppers, they're new alrighty...

So when you come in here and try to "generalize" your statements by spreading the filth of some, over all the rest of those that aren't - shows a tremendous amount of disrespect for those that worked hard to obtain and keep their licenses.

Some are directly from the Military and don't appreciate being lumped in with those that would stop at nothing to spread their tyranny using whatever means they had available.

They fought against tyranny and despotism - to uphold your right to say what you want. But to those that worked hard for their livelihood and paycheck - they also deserve the credit for bearing the brunt of having to correct the politically uncorrected radios and equipment that pass across their counters.

So if it matters to you - it matters to us. But how you conduct yourself - shows us if we should take you seriously or not. (Idiom)

They don't need to jeopardize their licenses to make someone "happy"
Which licenses are you referring to?
I've got the utmost respect for the guys who refuse to do anything illegal like converting "export" radios for 11 meter use. I simply poke fun at the guys who do those illegal conversions, then follow the service manual and blame the manufacturer for building a splatterbox instead of accepting responsibility for their inability to clean up the IMD. Naturally, the service manual isn't going to tell you to replace the mismatched finals with beta-matched one's. Some things are just common sense, but common sense is rare in this industry.

if you want to have customers you need people skills
i would never ever go to a person like him ever. he has his cheerleaders here. he does nothing magic all smoke and mirrors. i would never recommend tap tap to anyone. so go a head and try to make him your hero. i would never buy or send that a hole a radio

Exactly.
If he is a type A when you are happy with his work, just imagine the stupidity that is in store when a problem comes up........

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Mr. Pork Chop.

It's not a good idea to use a statement like - "The Guy at the CB Shop" - you're making a generalization that upon review makes you look like you made a broad statement that if not clarified - would make those that do the right thing - get lumped into those that are doing the wrong thing.

I don't understand why you'd ask "which license are you referring to" - this describes that you are backpedaling. You know exactly what I asked, it is in the post.

Whether you have a Commercial Drivers License, General Radio-Telephone Operator License or Marine Radio Telephone Operators License - since you need clarification - these are granted by those that govern our airwaves, shores and roads - you pick...

Again, why threaten all the work someone has done to earn that License?

Don't lump them in your statement of "The Guy At The CB Shop".

It reflects upon you.

They, meaning those the "refuse to do anything illegal" as you put it, will need to know why they are being placed in your world with those that do.

That is my question I asked,

So if I am correct - you are saying...
I've got the utmost respect for the guys who refuse to do anything illegal like converting "export" radios for 11 meter use.

... [ ... ] ...

Naturally, the service manual isn't going to tell you to replace the mismatched finals with beta-matched one's. Some things are just common sense, but common sense is rare in this industry.

Yes, it certainly is...

If that is the banner you stand upon.

Reactions: Robb
Meanwhile the rest of us are STILL waiting for Sherwood Engineering's report of rabbiporkchops radio he promised he would have them do for us a year or two ago. Not sure what the hold-up is. :whistle: It would be the definitive truth about Mark's abilities to superincredulously tune a radio to about a millionth of a miocrovolt sensitivity. Then again maybe the lack of that engineering report is in and of itself proof of Mark's abilities afterall.

Meanwhile the rest of us are STILL waiting for Sherwood Engineering's report of rabbiporkchops radio he promised he would have them do for us a year or two ago. Not sure what the hold-up is. :whistle: It would be the definitive truth about Mark's abilities to superincredulously tune a radio to about a millionth of a miocrovolt sensitivity. Then again maybe the lack of that engineering report is in and of itself proof of Mark's abilities afterall.
Since my radio has done things that has yet to be duplicated (with documentation) I haven't really felt an urgent need to send it off to Sherwood just yet but when I do I'll let you guys know. I'm glad I didn't send it off when I mentioned it since Palomar came out with those beta matched transistors recently and after having the radio redone correctly with the Palomar transistors it will impress Sherwood a lot more. There were definitely Spurs with the mismatched finals. It was definitely not a candidate for an amplifier that's for sure.

What things? Please to elaborate.
Pretty fascinating receive mobile to mobile with mountains in between us and no amplifiers involved. The hissing sound you're listening to is caused by the impedance mismatch between the speaker output of my radio and the input of my digital recorder. Mile marker 152 on Interstate 81 to mile marker 107 off Interstate 81 in Pennsylvania. This would be easy to do with a couple cars but when one of the vehicles is a Kenworth W900 it makes it a lot trickier.

Last edited:
Say what you want.

The rest of us hear a relay - SSB delay.

Not convinced.

Not one bit.

The Vids audio has been processed - I know that area well - had to travel it to get to New Jersey, PA and New York. Six month time-span with the various noise levels in the seasons - no - not real, you processed the audio.

Your reference to "impedance mis-match" is pure BS, it recorded it all - no gain issues - just your "overweight" processing of the audio - as if you wanted to "chop" - you can hear the filtering going on. Don't blame the recorder either - your "Watergate" is "Wastegate"

Come back and see us when you really have the time to spend learning a few things about being on the road the rest of us already know about..

Reactions: Robb and undertaker
Say what you want.

The rest of us hear a relay - SSB delay.

Not convinced.

Not one bit.

The Vids audio has been processed - I know that area well - had to travel it to get to New Jersey, PA and New York. Six month time-span with the various noise levels in the seasons - no - not real, you processed the audio.

Your reference to "impedance mis-match" is pure BS, it recorded it all - no gain issues - just your "overweight" processing of the audio - as if you wanted to "chop" - you can hear the filtering going on. Don't blame the recorder either - your "Watergate" is "Wastegate"

Come back and see us when you really have the time to spend learning a few things about being on the road the rest of us already know about..
We were on AM just like everyone else on Channel 19. Once he got farther away and more difficult to hear that's when we dropped to a different Channel to make it easier to hear each other. I think I've gotten more over the road experience in all 48 states than most people.

Pretty fascinating receive mobile to mobile with mountains in between us and no amplifiers involved. The hissing sound you're listening to is caused by the impedance mismatch between the speaker output of my radio and the input of my digital recorder. Mile marker 152 on Interstate 81 to mile marker 107 off Interstate 81 in Pennsylvania. This would be easy to do with a couple cars but when one of the vehicles is a Kenworth W900 it makes it a lot trickier.

Well I know that territory spent the first 27 years of my life there as a matter of fact if you look to the left of the JASON arrow you will see Middleburg my home town.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.