• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Forum 10 Metre contest.

binrat

WDX Club Coordinator
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
The Great White north

Just a suggestion, maybe you could write to the people that made N1MM and see if you could get them to add your contest to their logging software.
Me personally, I like QRP, and I think low power / not QRP should be not more then 25 watts, which in my opinion is all the power you need to operate on 10 meters. High power should be about 100 watts.

Because noise is inverse the square of the frequency, Amplifiers do not do a lot of good on 10m, not like on 75 or 160 where you have a lot more noise to contend with. A good beam antenna will beat out any amplifier made when it comes to contesting on 10 - in my opinion...

"Just a suggestion, maybe you could write to the people that made N1MM and see if you could get them to add your contest to their logging software."
It might better to write the rules in such a way to allow the use of an existing contest's logging software.
Rich

"Just a suggestion, maybe you could write to the people that made N1MM and see if you could get them to add your contest to their logging software."
It might better to write the rules in such a way to allow the use of an existing contest's logging software.
Rich
I had planned on a very basic set of rules and a simple spreadsheet in excel for the first contest.

Sounds good, let us all know at least a week before.
DOCTOR/795
Hey Doctor, how did you know I was getting ready to post up the DRAFT rules.
Here they are, not written in stone to please comment.

• Only contacts with other WDX members count in the contest. The roster may be found as a sticky thread located
http://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/wdx-roster-11-30-2014.28909/

• Frequency: 28.300-28.500 USB.
  • Date/Time: ___________________. If you're not sure how UTC time works, check here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?p1=3875
  • Contacts: Contact logs must be posted in theWDX Club Contest Contactsforum by the end of contest. Create only one thread for your contacts. You can edit or reply to your own thread, using it as your log throughout the contest (if you wish). The format is attached as an Excel file. It may be an excel attachment OR pasted into your thread.At the end of the contest, the contacts forum will be locked, so make sure you upload all of your contacts before the end date/time. Contacts will be verified against each others' logs
  • Multipliers: 2x multiplier for mobile, portable, or maritime contacts.
3x multiplier for any contacts outside of CONUS and Canada.

4x multiplier for QRP. For this contest QRP is 10 watts or less. (think KX-3, ic-703)

If you operate as mobile, maritime, or portable during the contest, you are credited with the multiplier for any contacts you make. If you operate as a base, you receive a multiplier for any contact you make with a mobile, portable, or maritime contact. Make sure you clearly designate these in your log

• Power limit: Maximum power 200 watts PEP
  • This is an "on your honor" contest and intended to be fun. Please play by the rules
  • BE A COURTEOUS OPERATOR, PROMOTE THE SITE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN!

Looks good, perhaps and I say again perhaps for the new operators, a small example of the log<copy off a web page> to show exactly what it should look like.

DOCTOR/795

Looks good, perhaps and I say again perhaps for the new operators, a small example of the log<copy off a web page> to show exactly what it should look like.

DOCTOR/795
All in my plans Doctor, all in my plans. This is what I have at this moment.

Attachments

• contest log..xlsx
    7.8 KB · Views: 205

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.