• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 98 VHP question.

200 watts is the safe zone. The DX98VHP will run about 250 watts full smoke but not for very long. You'll soon hear a loud pop, smell some smoke and then be calling me on the phone.

(y)

hmmmmm my post got deleted.

I guess you guy don't want anyone to know about the 4 pill Galaxy. LOL

Very intresting.

I guess I shouldn't be giving out this secret. LoL

Oh well, I don't think to many people will be doing this mod. Since It would take alot of money to buy both radios.

Whose crazy enough to do that. LOL But if you already have both radios. HMMMM?

Don't do it. It's not worth it. LOL. Wait till the new radios come out and buy one of them.

Yeah roger on that. but that must be cool to have. I know you will be the only one with the 4 pill galaxy. HAHAHA
73's

Yeah... That's what I think. Very cool.

It's nice to have the only one out there. LOL

Bragging rights for a few months. LOL

Yep until the "next best thing" comes out and everyone goes RACING around to buy one. So they dont have to buy a linear anymore and they can just buy a radio with a linear built in.

yeah roger that. Who needs a huge linear. 450 to 600 watts gets you out just fine.

anything bigger would have to be a 16 pill to get a 6db gain or 1S unit.

That's what I was thinking, Ray. No new design with 2879's...just use the existing amp from the 4300-300 and slap it on the 98VHP...call it a DX99XHP (XHP = eXtreme High Power), and we have our new radio we've all been waiting for. Galaxy's creme of the crop. It would sell like hotcakes.

Seriously Ray...we'd rather have that one now then wait forever for the 2879 model that has been put on hold indefinately.

What would set it apart would be a built-in noise filter, because there isn't one on the market that has an amperage rating high enough that would work with it.

Just a thought :)

I couldn't be more disinterested in the Connex 4300-300...basic crappy looking radio, small meter, no freq counter, no sideband...yuk. But a Galaxy with the same amp? Now THAT'S a radio!

Man, I have hundreds of posts here, but shows I'm a newb. Weird. Something must have gotten reset.

Last edited:
Why isn't anyone talking about the new RCI-63FFC4 already listed on ranger's website. This radio is advertised as a 400watt radio with (4) 2879 Toshiba transistors in it. This will be the undisputed king of the mass production radio, so does that mean Galaxy will have to scramble to put out a similar model? I believe many radio junkies will hope so! Although, I did see forum member 4600 turbo beat Galaxy to the punch by converting his 98VHP to a 4 big pill making his the biggest Galaxy radio in the world!!! WAY TO GO 4600 TURBO!!!

I emailed RCI to see when this radio will be available and they responded back and stated it will not be out till later in march. Here is the link for this radio...
http://www.rangerusa.com/rci-63ffc4.html

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.