• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 94

DX 94-HP
From GTRS.

The radio will have one IRF520 mosfet driver and one IRF520 mosfet final driving four IRF520 transistors.
100 watts @ 25 amps.

Has a Auto-SWR Meter, Variable Talkback Control, Blue Channel and Frequency Display LEDs.
Blue S-Meter Display, StarLite faceplate for night driving and a New Generation main board for better frequency stability.
There are Pics on the CBTricks forum, and Bennie should have the info on it up soon.

Jeff

newgalxy.jpg

newgalxyamp.jpg

sneak peek.

Jeff

You got that one right Karo!!! As most of the other exports are made by or have ranger"s help. Wonder how many (mosfets)they can squeeze into one and still look like a mobile? :?:

HootyAl said:
You got that one right Karo!!! As most of the other exports are made by or have ranger"s help. Wonder how many (mosfets)they can squeeze into one and still look like a mobile? :?:

I don't know if you've seen the 98VHP on cbtricks..
dsc00072_sm.jpg

Probably the same radio, just a different amplifier board attached.
On both radios, the frequency counter is only five digits, which is a bit limited for SSB use.

As a side curiosity, i am not sure what the motivation is to use the IRF520 mosfet instead of RF traditional transistors. The IRF520 isn't even intended as an RF amplifier, but its gate capacitance is low enough to perform ok at 27MHz.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    C'mon let me take you on a Sea Cruise! (Maybe there is someone to talk to out there?)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.