• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX-94HP from Bells... Backwards Swing

Too high of a deadkey is almost always the culprit.

Turn your RF powerpower knob all the way down and see if it still swings backwards or if it's minimized. If it swings forward, then this is where you should leave it.

If it still does, then your internal high and lower power pots need to be adjusted by someone who knows what they're doing.

Ideally, your radio should deadkey 25 watts and swing peak 100. Any higher on either end is STUPID watts.

Too high of a deadkey is almost always the culprit.

Turn your RF powerpower knob all the way down and see if it still swings backwards or if it's minimized. If it swings forward, then this is where you should leave it.

If it still does, then your internal high and lower power pots need to be adjusted by someone who knows what they're doing.

Ideally, your radio should deadkey 25 watts and swing peak 100. Any higher on either end is STUPID watts.

With the variable carrier all the way up it keys 25W and swings about 100W PEP.

I would be inclined to agrse with a few others. Parts are missing.
Any chance of popping the covers off and snapping a few pictures??
Yeah, I can do that tomorrow. Not much I can do besides live with it though.

I was talking to my local friend on 10M SSB with it and he said with the stock mic it’s loud and on the cusp of overmodulation with the mic gain set to 1 o’clock. Any less and I get quiet.

that is some shitty soldering work. ill never do business
with bells wonder what happened to screwdriver he was their tech. for years
good luck with your radio

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.