• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy dx99v No leds working

LawNad

Jan 29, 2023
Frequency counter, channel, and meter backlight all went out when I switched on the +10KHz. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Reactions: Rwb

The +10 switch itself is pretty simple. Regulated 9 Volts comes in one side, feeds out the other side to pin 9 of IC1, found on the "band" circuit board bolted to the side rail. Has to be a mechanical fault shorting that side of the switch to ground. A wire caught under a bracket and shorting to ground is what I would look for first.

The +10 switch itself is pretty simple. Regulated 9 Volts comes in one side, feeds out the other side to pin 9 of IC1, found on the "band" circuit board bolted to the side rail. Has to be a mechanical fault shorting that side of the switch to ground. A wire caught under a bracket and shorting to ground is what I would look for first.

Thanks, I will look.

Okay, I've visually checked for all the above. Removed the boards and inspected. Nothing. Time to find a good tech. Any recommendations?

Send @OldTech03 a pm. He did a great job with my 99v, it is now the main radio on my work bench in the back room.

Reactions: Rwb and tecnicoloco
99 V great radios. ever now n then need a lil tlc

Reactions: LawNad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.