• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gas Prices

I know you were not bragging. I was being sarcastic in attempt to show you that despite how bad you think it is it could certainly be a lot worse and you are not as bad off as you think you are.

Back in 2008 gas was very high (state record) we are 9¢ below that all time high record. It's the fact that not all of us can afford the price. Why its gone up beats me but im not going to blame the government cause if it wasn't for our government we all could be living like those in Kuwait,Iraq and Syria.

I will blame my self for buying a gas guzzlen GM truck I knew I should've gone with a diesel engine ! At least than I could start making.my own bio-fuel

☆ ★Sent from Droid★☆

Limiting the importation of oil will only serve to increase the price at the pump due to speculation. Most alternate fuels have been proven to be more expensive in the long run either due to lower fuel mileage or the amount of energy that needs to be put into making the product versus the return. What needs to be done is to exploit domestic oil reserves while keeping the cost of those reserves available at less than the world price.Why should Middle east oil be sold at $100/bbl and domestic oil for the same price?

Limiting the imports does drive the price of oil up and consequently the price of fuel, that is what the president wants in order to gain support for the alternative fuels.
If the price of fuel is high, the president is able to gain that support. The president has to weigh that carefully so all american consumers can still buy fuel. This is a necessary evil a catch 22 if you will, because we will eventually run out of oil, i subscribe to the theory that we are at the half life of oil reserves...The problem with the alternative fuels is the production from corn and soybean,,,but that is another discussion.

The point that was made earlier was that our president and government cannot do anything about it, but they can. Some short term and some long term.

I really wish you guys would stop BRAGGING about your CHEAP gas prices. :cry:

I am paying $1.411 per liter for regular which is $6.40 per gallon or $5.36 for a US gallon.

And I 100% agree with Psycho about the government not controlling the prices. Corporate greed, speculators, and world events control prices however government could lighten the taxes on fuel a bit. Was in Maine last week. Two gas stations of the same company, Irving, located less than 1/4 mile apart but on opposite sides of the border. New Brunswick was $1.36/liter while Maine was $1.01/liter.

Like I said, i really wish I had your guys CHEAP gas prices. :censored:

How do you think your Government pays for your Free Health coverage? Money has to come from somewhere....

If Obama Care go's into effect here, were labial to be in the same boat in a few years to tho...

I payed $3.33 a gal. for reg. here today.............

The feral government could do something about the high gasoline prices....they could get rid of the federal gas tax.

It takes right at a year for oil to flow from a well. That's spud in to completion, to production, and to get it to a refinery. That's without any screw ups. Gas prices are supply and demand. They have the supply, and we have the demand.

I was told by an aging oil man about rigging gasoline prices. It's like this. When it was cheap back in the day, we had too many refineries. The oil companies caught on so they reduced the amount of refineries. Simple concept, right? Then the gas crunch came. So they fired up a refinery ever so often until people were happy paying for inflated gas prices.

So it goes like this class. Supply and demand, both foreign and domestic are responsible.

But answer this. Why is diesel so much more expensive than premium gas? It's one of the first byproducts from refining oil into gas. At one time many years ago, it was burnt off as waste.

Last edited:
The problem with the alternative fuels is the production from corn and soybean,,,but that is another discussion.

So true, there was a large ethanol plant built in 2006 in Central CA that had the capacity to produce 40 million gallons of ethanol annually.
It was running round the clock turning corn into fuel.
As the supply of corn was used for fuel, demand for corn for food,feed and fuel caused the price to jump....it was amazing how fast they moth-balled the plant when it did.

We should take an example from Brazil, who have developed ways to produce Ethanol from plant waste by using enzymes to break down green plant material into basic sugars.
Corn and Soybean are to valuable as food products.
But then there are those in big oil who go pale at the thought,,, but that is another discussion.

Jeff

So true, there was just recently a large ethanol plant built in Central CA that was running round the clock turning corn into fuel.
As the supply of corn was used for fuel, demand for corn for food,feed and fuel caused the price to jump....it was amazing how fast they moth-balled the plant when it did.

We should take an example from Brazil, who have developed ways to produce Ethanol from plant waste by using enzymes to break down green plant material into basic sugars.
Corn and Soybean are to valuable as food products.
But then there are those in big oil who go pale at the thought,,, but that is another discussion.

Jeff

This is AMERICA bro, we love our bad ass environment killer SUVs and McDonald's ham burgers. Lol

☆ ★Sent from Droid★☆

Natural gas is the only real 'alternative' fuel to be had. Anything else is not cost effective. Electric vehicles are a joke. Ethanol is too. Nothing to date is cost effective. LNG conversion kits can be had for any carb vehicle. Milage/costs and power are very comparable. Plus it burns cleaner, although it's rougher on the engine because of that. With all the gas finds around the continental 48, I don't see why "Big Oil" hasn't pursed this yet. Hmmmm.

The last well I took part in was the Exxon find at Keathley Canyon. ExxonMobil's deepwater GOM well hits pay dirt - The Independent Media Group 700,000,000 barrels of oil is estimated to be had there...and they never give a true figure to the public. There's always more. The greedy bastards.

Gov. Jerry Brown of california is trying to get the winter gas going ASAP (its a lot cheaper).

☆ ★Sent from Droid★☆

Loving My New Truck

You can sure tell it's Election Time

New Silverado averaging 17+ mpg running E85 Fuel:w00t:

Last 3 tanks COST...
$2.99 US gal.
$2.87 US gal.

TODAY $2.78 US gal....:whistle:

I love my new Chevy!:D
But after the Election hold on to your hat....
All the Best
BJ

This past week gas has been dropping all across North America and it has nothing to do with the election. If it did then we would not have dropped 5.1 cents a liter Tuesday night and another 4 cents per liter is expected tonight. that's 35 cents a US gallon or 41 cents an Imperial gallon that we have. There has been a glut of gasoline on the North American market as of late and it finally translated into lower prices. It usually happens shortly after Labour Day but was a bit later coming this year. Do not expect similar drops in diesel as the yearly demand for diesel does not change that much due to to the demand for heating fuel this time of year.

Today we are paying $1.25 per liter or $5.67/Imperial gallon or $4.75 a us gallon. Hopefully if it drops again tonight it will be about $4.60/ US gallon which is the cheapest it has been in a loooooong time.

An interesting note about diesel. When drilling for oil, anywhere outside of California, the lubricant used for the drilling consists of mostly diesel fuel and barite. A few other things go into the mix but, an average well can use up to 150,000 gallons of diesel.

So while they drill to lower the cost of oil, they are helping keep the cost of diesel high.

California mandates the use of Linseed Oil instead of diesel. Expensive holes in California.

An interesting note about diesel. When drilling for oil, anywhere outside of California, the lubricant used for the drilling consists of mostly diesel fuel and barite. A few other things go into the mix but, an average well can use up to 150,000 gallons of diesel.

So while they drill to lower the cost of oil, they are helping keep the cost of diesel high.

California mandates the use of Linseed Oil instead of diesel. Expensive holes in California.

I would say in "some cases" rather than "anywhere outside of California". Drilling in the High Arctic in Canada where there are great environmental concerns uses no diesel fuel.

Drilling fluid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.