• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gas Prices

Today we are paying $1.25 per liter or $5.67/Imperial gallon or $4.75 a us gallon. Hopefully if it drops again tonight it will be about $4.60/ US gallon which is the cheapest it has been in a loooooong time.[/QUOTE]

Your most likely right CK....(about the Election)....
However strange coinsidence....seems always to work that way....
Glad things are looking DOWN your way also...
Whatever the reasons here in the Midwest for the lower Fuel.... I'll Take it;)
All the Best
BJ

I would say in "some cases" rather than "anywhere outside of California". Drilling in the High Arctic in Canada where there are great environmental concerns uses no diesel fuel.

Drilling fluid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's probably that way in Canada, at least as far as they tell the public. I know they use every loophole they can to mix a bit of diesel in with the mud in California. A few of the rig bosses I dealt with when I was hauling barite worked the Prudhoe Fields, and they said they used diesel up there.

Once they drill past the gel stage, the stage where the switch from a water/bentonite mix to the bar mix about 2000 feet down, the only environmental concern is surface spilling of the mud. The rig is, or should be, set up on a containment lot to ease the cleanup.

It's definitely an interesting process. Lots of science goes into the smallest of details.

i just filled up the better half car for 3.17 a gallon
and i filled this evening for 3.15

went down another six cents a liter/23 cents a US gallon last night. (y) regular now at $4.48 a US gallon or $5.36 an Imperial gallon. It went down $0.65 a US gallon in the last two weeks. (y)

$3.20 a gallon in NJ

I remember in the mid 70's and early 80's
When $1.00 was thought to be crazy..

If you have a Good Diesel
You can make your own fuel for under $1.00 a gallon.
You can also add a Good HHO system
(adds 15-30% better fuel economy in gas..50-100% better in Diesel)

If the auto Industry wanted to..
And or if they had no choice..

Inside of 2 years they could be compliant
with minimum 60-80 MPG.

That is Not happening anytime soon though.

You can also add a Good HHO system
(adds 15-30% better fuel economy in gas..50-100% better in Diesel)

Hmm sounds like a good idea, only there are problems with HHO systems in vehicles. For one, few vehicles have an alternator big enough to generate enough electricity to properly make hydrogen gas out of water. Two, it takes more energy to make this hydrogen that you will get from it. It is possible that it will have some minor effects, maybe even gains, but the claims listed are very optimistic.

Now if we could ever find an efficient low power method of obtaining hydrogen I could go for a system like this. That being said, if hydrogen ever became abundant we would likely transition to purely hydrogen powered cars...

The DB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.