• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gather ye radios while ye may

Unless I can put my hands on it or it's a forum member here, where we each have some accountability, I won't risk that level of money on a what if. I do have to answer to "The Boss" aka wifey if I vaporized 250-300 bucks and nothing good for it lol. It's disappointing when things don't work out but I've been watching for a long time I can wait a little longer to get exactly what I want. At least this means there's still some out there in the wild!
I get it, I have about 4-5 radios bought sight unseen from craigslist and elsewhere that have issues I can't solve...

Just bought this on ebay for 163 bucks BIN. No idea if I've done well but looked fairly mint. I *THINK* it's a TRC-457 but can't quite zoom enough for sure.
Hope it's not a gutted case lol.
Not even entirely sure what I've bought.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231018_194632_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231018_194632_eBay.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20231018_194615_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231018_194615_eBay.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Most certainly a Realistic TRC-457. I have two of them here, both with problems unfortunately. If it works it's a great radio, but it's 1980's vintage so will likely need an alignment and probably a recap....... It does have the 858 chip, so lots of potential for frequency expansion!

Most certainly a Realistic TRC-457. I have two of them here, both with problems unfortunately. If it works it's a great radio, but it's 1980's vintage so will likely need an alignment and probably a recap....... It does have the 858 chip, so lots of potential for frequency expansion!
Oh no no. I'm not hacking it up. I have export rigs for out of band. I'm collecting various radios I've wanted ahead of time for when I retire overseas. This one just caught me at an opportunistic moment. I hadn't intended to get one it was just the price and apparent condition since examples were demanding 350-400 I'd seen in passing that caused me to jump on it. That and the fact it didnt appear to be screwdrivered and beat to crap. Tune it up, maintainence work, yes. Channel it and go crazy no. I hope I got a decent one. Two out of two with issues aren't stellar odds....

Last edited:
I'm casting about on various rigs... will definitely buy a 6666/2 when they hit.
Still looking for an unmolested Sears Road talker SSB 7100A. And whatever else catches my fancy in the meantime.
(Wife is eyeing me dangerously...)
delete this message,she is on to you abort mission hit the buy from another angle n hide it in safe place till its cooled off

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated