• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gather ye radios while ye may

1 955
5 29's
1 2950dx
1 ranger 696
1 pc78
1 pc76
theres probably a few im missing, oh yeah my connex 3300 lol.
Hows that 138xlr?
I pulled the 138 out a while ago and ran it through the paces. Sadly, she is sitting on the back shelf as there is no permanent spot in the shack for her. But she is a regular on the list for guest appearances. I have so many radios, and I love them all. But I can only talk on one at a time.

I pulled the 138 out a while ago and ran it through the paces. Sadly, she is sitting on the back shelf as there is no permanent spot in the shack for her. But she is a regular on the list for guest appearances. I have so many radios, and I love them all. But I can only talk on one at a time.
I know the feeling. I've got such a gluttony of radios that it's time to drastically thin out the herd. Radios, amps and accessories are about to hit the market in the next few days.

Will probably just keep 2 for base radios, 2 mobile radios for the daily driver and 2 for the big truck.

Come to think of it, I'll have to keep a few for sentimental value and others because they're old school too. Then need backups for those just in case. What if a family member or buddy needs one, you have to keep an assortment to offer them, right?

So then that means I really just need to keep them.......

I know the feeling. I've got such a gluttony of radios that it's time to drastically thin out the herd. Radios, amps and accessories are about to hit the market in the next few days.

Will probably just keep 2 for base radios, 2 mobile radios for the daily driver and 2 for the big truck.

Come to think of it, I'll have to keep a few for sentimental value and others because they're old school too. Then need backups for those just in case. What if a family member or buddy needs one, you have to keep an assortment to offer them, right?

So then that means I really just need to keep them.......
So i have the 2950 for ssb driving my Peakaboo modded DX500 and the 3300 is a backup to the 955. One of the 29's is a bench radio and the others i have set up for driving different amp, spares or are waiting for mods. The 696 needs ssb aligned and some junk removed before it will be up for sale. The pc78 i want set up for low drive and the 76 i dont want to part with as both the 76 and 78 are Phillipines made. Electric rates are going up again so ive been consolidating power supplies and getting everything but the 16 pill on one supply and one switch.
I have drawers full of shit i dont use but dont want to sell lol. I have 3 bird 43's, one 4412 and just bought another 43 as part of a meter project ill probably never finish unless we get better president soon...
And all that doesnt include the 8 pill, 2 pill and 98vhp at Gatekeepers.

Heck yeah, regular x9 or the new hp? Hope it's a good one for you. You'll probably get yours before I get mine back from there.
I got the regular x9, I figured that the little bit of extra power from the HP wasn't really worth it. By the time I added the tune up and conversion, taxes, shipping, it is more than I wanted to spend. I will probably run it in my truck, but I wish it had FM. Just looking for a little more power than the Lincoln I have in there now.

I got the regular x9, I figured that the little bit of extra power from the HP wasn't really worth it. By the time I added the tune up and conversion, taxes, shipping, it is more than I wanted to spend. I will probably run it in my truck, but I wish it had FM. Just looking for a little more power than the Lincoln I have in there now.
Yes sir I agree and we don't really know what those rt6 are in the amp section of the hp. The 520's in the regular x9 are plentiful if a replacement is ever needed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.