• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gather ye radios while ye may

I expect with shortages and these costs in China going up that many consumer products could see price increases of 25% or more in the next year.

Right now there are 40 + container ships sitting off the coast of CA.
The normal numbers of ships waiting in que at the ports is 0 to 1.
Shipping times overseas have gone from a avg of 34- 36 days to a avg of 70+ days.
Part of that is covid, part of it is that the ships coming in here to San Diego and Long Beach are now carting almost 2x the container loads as ships get bigger.
We need to invest in reshaping our ports to handle bigger loads and bigger ships.

There are veterans in the shipping industry that are speculating the " catch up" time is late 2022 to early 2023.
TSMC, a very large semiconductor manufacture is also way behind in production from covid plant closures and there struggle to get raw materials.
It's going to take time to get this stuff moving again and as it floats around and around the price will continue going up.

Jeff

edit spelling I am getting old....

Last edited:
I think I am about stocked up. Recent purchases include:

4 ea Cobra 29 refurb
3 ea Texas Ranger 797
3 ea Texas Ranger 936
2 ea Galaxy 86v
1 ea Anytone 6666

I think I am about done except I don't gave one of those Lincoln +2 radios yet.

Almost forgot, a Galaxy 959 on the way. (How could I forget the side mic radio?)

Never really went away for anyone poor enough to have to work.

you damm sure got that right. we slave they take. something wrong with this channel. maybe we need to change channels for a better picture?

Reactions: whiteastro
Right now there are 40 + container ships sitting off the coast of CA.
The normal numbers of ships waiting in que at the ports is 0 to 1.
Shipping times overseas have gone from a avg of 34- 36 days to a avg of 70+ days.
Part of that is covid, part of it is that the ships coming in here to San Diego and Long Beach are now carting almost 2x the container loads as ships get bigger.
We need to invest in reshaping our ports to handle bigger loads and bigger ships.

There are veterans in the shipping industry that are speculating the " catch up" time is late 2022 to early 2023.
TSMC, a very large semiconductor manufacture is also way behind in production from covid plant closures and there struggle to get raw materials.
It's going to take time to get this stuff moving again and as it floats around and around the price will continue going up.

Jeff

edit spelling I am getting old....
actually the containers need to leave here FULL OF AMERICAN MADE GOODS n return empty not packed full of crap from the LAND OF ALMOST RIGHT. my opinion but others might vary

actually the containers need to leave here FULL OF AMERICAN MADE GOODS n return empty not packed full of crap from the LAND OF ALMOST RIGHT. my opinion but others might vary

You are correct, however that's not how it works today, Americans have become so used to buying cheap offshore products that now we don't have any other source for things like semiconductors.
GM is a fine example, no Taiwan semiconductors, no new trucks rolling off the line.
When I worked retail, our boss would give us rolls of stickers that said Made In the USA, we would go through our inventory and apply them to American made products.
About 70% of the product did not get a sticker, and the driving force behind that was the consumer looking for the lowest price on the tag.
We had a few that would look for American made products but not many.

Jeff

It's hard for American companies to pay workers $20 hr when Chinese companies pay their workers $20 a month. The economics is broken and the people who make the decisions want to keep it this way.

Irrelevant what other countries might pay. Tariffs built our system.

But the usurers showed up and worked their typical destruction.

You are correct, however that's not how it works today, Americans have become so used to buying cheap offshore products that now we don't have any other source for things like semiconductors.
GM is a fine example, no Taiwan semiconductors, no new trucks rolling off the line.
When I worked retail, our boss would give us rolls of stickers that said Made In the USA, we would go through our inventory and apply them to American made products.
About 70% of the product did not get a sticker, and the driving force behind that was the consumer looking for the lowest price on the tag.
We had a few that would look for American made products but not many.

Jeff
i strive to buy as much American products as i can. sadly you are 100% correct too.
i used to haul a few loads of Walmart crap to Bentonville from the railhead in Kansas City.allit was is substandard cheep chicom crap.lots was broke before it even got here,tossed in containers any way they could pack it in

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated