• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gold

I do work with electricity. No training there. I was a plumbing contractor for years then lost my business. I got a different job in the service Industry requiring electrical work. That's all I know. The electronics classes I took in high school didn't teach much. You are right,uneducated,but not unteachable. Maybe I dont belong here. Wanted to challenge myself to learn new things. To keep my mind active. I thought the sweep amp was pretty basic,unlike a radio easier to learn,I always discharge the capicitators before touching anything.is there any thing else besides unplugging it to be safe

Just sell the gold.
Really.
I don't get the reasoning behind your question.
What is it that you do for a living?
You work on Pool and Spa controllers right?
Do you have any background in electronics?
Field work or warranty work or?
Some of us are having a hard time trying to figure what your experience is with electronics.
Not trying to be a ass here, just don't understand were you are going with some of your posts.
How long you been playing radio?
I for one have refrained from answering some of your questions for fear of having your fingers in the HV section of a RF amp.
Seems....
Dangerous.

Jeff
Gold was a good conductor I thought . and I have some little pieces.it was a dumb question. I see your point thank you.

Just sell the gold.
Really.
I don't get the reasoning behind your question.
What is it that you do for a living?
You work on Pool and Spa controllers right?
Do you have any background in electronics?
Field work or warranty work or?
Some of us are having a hard time trying to figure what your experience is with electronics.
Not trying to be a ass here, just don't understand were you are going with some of your posts.
How long you been playing radio?
I for one have refrained from answering some of your questions for fear of having your fingers in the HV section of a RF amp.
Seems....
Dangerous.

Jeff
It's why I'm on here asking questions. No one yet has answered the question. I was just wondering if it would be the best metal to use to make a repair.thats all I can tell some of you on here think I am a dumbshit and you are right so help me out

Don't get twisted because I am asking you some questions.
Yes, the Sweep tube Amps you are asking about can be deadly.
Your profile says your 60 years old, you tell me you have been a plumber and owned you own business.
If so I am sure you have a little knowledge about metals and I can not figure out why you would be asking about making wire/ board traces with gold flakes?
You never did say how you got into radio, what you run for radios or how all of a sudden you are diving into a bunch of broken sweep tube amps.

By the way no one called you a "dumb shit"

Your posting style is a bit odd, I could live with that, but all of this added together tends to make the older members and the Admins think you are trolling.
Or BNT under another user name.
I could be all wrong.

Jeff

The only way to repair a circuit board and have it last is to use insulated wire and jumper point to point. If the trace is burned trim it back away from the burnt area, the circuit board being charred is conductive if the voltage is high enough or the frequency hits a sweet spot.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Gold prices today edge lower but silver rates slump
Gold prices eased in Indian markets, tracking similar trend in global markets. On MCX, October gold futures were down 0.54% today to ₹37,734 per 10 grams. Tracking gold, silver prices also softened in Indian markets with September silver contracts on MCX slumping 1.2% to ₹43,302 per kg. Globally, gold prices slipped 0.3% to $1,508.79 an ounce today as some risk appetite was back in equity markets across the globe after a wild week.

In spot markets, gold price fell ₹100 to ₹38,570 per 10 gram in Delhi, Press Trust of India reported, citing All India Sarafa Association. Gold had reached its all-time high mark of ₹38,670 on Saturday in spot markets. Silver prices also fell by ₹50 to ₹45,000 per kg due to reduced offtake by industrial units and coin makers. In Delhi, gold of 99.9% and 99.5% purity dipped ₹100 to ₹38,570 and ₹38,400 per 10 gram, respectively.

Indicating some rebound in risk appetite, stocks in Asia, including in India, were higher along with US futures. The yield on US 10-year Treasuries also rose, recovering from multi-year lows when an inversion in the yield curve sparked recession worries. Gold traders will be closing watching US Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell’s address at the Kansas Fed’s annual Jackson Hole gathering on Friday to gauge whether the US central bank will add to its July’s rate cut.

In India, gold futures prices had hit an all-time high of ₹38,666 per 10 grams last week, tracking higher global prices and a slide in the rupee's value against the US dollar. A depreciation of the US dollar makes gold imports into the country costlier. Gold imports into India also draws a 12.5% import duty.

Record high prices have however hurt demand in India with some jewellers reporting higher trade-in of old jewellery. According to the latest data, gold imports into India fell 42% to $1.71 billion in July.

Fears of a global recession, escalation in US-China trade war and sharp drop in bond yields have lifted gold prices sharply this year. This has however made some analysts cautious.

"Gold has become a crowded trade with majority of hedge funds increasing their long bets in contrast to December 2017 when the very same guys had maximum short positions after which gold started its upward ascent. Also, since gold is in the process of making an intermediate top means that equities have made an intermediate bottom. It is risky from a trading perspective to be long on gold and short on equities. In fact, a reverse would be a far safer play," said Jimeet Modi, founder and CEO of SAMCO Securities.

Further hurting gold prices today risk sentiment across the globe improved on expectations of some sort of stimulus in China and Germany. White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said trade deputies from the US and China would speak within 10 days and "if those deputies' meetings pan out... we are planning to have China come to the USA" to advance negotiations over ending a trade battle that has emerged as a potential risk to global economic growth. (With Agency Inputs)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?