• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good am fm ssb mobile ham rig ..

Kenwood TS-50
One of the best from Kenwood. I foolishly sold mine around 2005, but in 2020 one popped up at a decent price, re-capped and de-glued. This one's a keeper.

Front_1000_adj.jpg

One of the best from Kenwood. I foolishly sold mine around 2005, but in 2020 one popped up at a decent price, re-capped and de-glued. This one's a keeper.

View attachment 68900
I used to have one for the mobile. By far the easiest rig to operate when mobile! No menus! No engine noise with it as well. I switched the a 706 Mk2 later on mostly so I could use the remote head for easier mounting. If the Kenwood had a remote head I would still be using it! The 706 is more susceptible to engine noise so I have to have the noise blanker on most of the time. It is not terrible but it is annoying.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.