• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got my Mauldulator today, WOW

LOL, Mauldulator. What kinda ass bandit thinks this crap up. I'm with you there Shockwave, have him send one off to cbradiomagazine.com and let them do a review. Oops, that will never work. Then we would all see what BS this thing really is.

The funniest part of it all is if you go look it up, it doesn't even explain what it is or what it does.

So, forgive my ignorance. If the mauldulator dead keys 1 and swings cleanly to 8 watts (200%) how is that better than my radio that dk's 2 and swings to 8 (100%)? I'll still be driving the amps the same and whatever "loudness" is gained by the high "modulation" will probably be lost in real power driving those expanded voice freqs... or am I smoking crack and missing the whole point of the argument?

If you want hi-fi audio you can do that without the modulator. :blush:

So, forgive my ignorance. If the mauldulator dead keys 1 and swings cleanly to 8 watts (200%) how is that better than my radio that dk's 2 and swings to 8 (100%)? I'll still be driving the amps the same and whatever "loudness" is gained by the high "modulation" will probably be lost in real power driving those expanded voice freqs... or am I smoking crack and missing the whole point of the argument?

If you want hi-fi audio you can do that without the modulator. :blush:

Snake oil, my good man.

Snake oil. :laugh:

Perhaps you should send a mauldulator to our resident admin reviewer in exchange for what I'm certain will be verification of the claims made in this thread.

thanks for keepling the post on top

Yeah no worries. Before you're done with his product you're going to run Motormouthmauls good name into the ground. He would have been better off producing the product and selling it himself; at least he understands radio and could have intelligently defended the project.

i heard mmm for the first time about two weeks ago during a skip cycle on 6 here in colorado springs. I was impressed enough to email him and ask about his setup. I'm still interested in improving my tx and actually have a ts-940s that i thought about doing shockwave's modifications to. I think mmm has a really nice sounding setup but I agree that it would have been much better to let the product do the talking for itself than pretend to be someone else and post about it. NOT COOL!!!

ummm I think ill just keep running My Grants- Lincon-Hr 2510-emporor ts5010 Just the way they are Crystal clear audio. if i need help ill go to the closet pull a ts dx600 or a ts Hot plate 1200 out. and still stay Crysal clear on am or ssb.No JUNK NEEDED HERE. Big Dummy 123 right around the Gold Coast out.:tongue:

i heard mmm for the first time about two weeks ago during a skip cycle on 6 here in colorado springs. I was impressed enough to email him and ask about his setup. I'm still interested in improving my tx and actually have a ts-940s that i thought about doing shockwave's modifications to. I think mmm has a really nice sounding setup but I agree that it would have been much better to let the product do the talking for itself than pretend to be someone else and post about it. NOT COOL!!!

Swanny, take the time to do the TS-940S AM modification and you'll never want to run a lesser quality rig again. The modified TS-940S will talk circles around any modifications you could do with an 11 meter radio. Not to mention the exceptional receiver. Many people have installed the AM modification since I shared it online with excellent results being posted in the AM forums. If you have good soldering skills and the instructions seem clear to you, unleash the potential the TS-940S has on AM with the mod.

thanks for the info shockwave but I'm not quite comfortable enough with my abilities to tear into that beautiful radio just yet. I have saved the mod on my hard drive though and will do it someday :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated