• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got myself a new henry H001 lever action rifle for my upcoming birthday

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
20181228_153318.jpg
20181228_153256.jpg
20181226_090715.jpg
20181226_090711.jpg
/ATTACH]
arthuritis in my fingers was making it difficult to load my ruger 10-22 rotary magazine .its a nice rifle.but i like henry rifles.wife got me a golden boy for our 40th anniversery n its very nice so time for another henry.
This is a nice entry level rifle very nice figure in the wood very smooth action,very accurate too. Plus 100% made in usa from usa materials,lifetime warrenty.

Attachments

• 20181228_153328.jpg
    20181228_153328.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 132

Very nice rifle. I prefer it over my 10/22. They are accurate in addition to shooting Long Rifle, Longs and shorts. The shorts are great for dispatching varmits (ground hogs). Shooting too many shorts I believe erodes the throat of the barrel.

Congrats and enjoy!

Brad

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Very nice rifle. I prefer it over my 10/22. They are accurate in addition to shooting Long Rifle, Longs and shorts. The shorts are great for dispatching varmits (ground hogs). Shooting too many shorts I believe erodes the throat of the barrel.

Congrats and enjoy!

Brad
thank you.i have a golden boy in 17 hmr i love but afraid id scratch it,wife got it for our 40th anniversery but both are silky smooth cocking n nice triggers on both.
My ruger was ok but as i said loading magazines was becoming difficult. I just wish henry would desighned the load door on side like a 94 winchester but a tube works ok.
It just needed the sight elevator raised 1 notch n was dead on in tin can at 30 yards minute of angle today.think its a keeper

Reactions: 357magnum
I got one of these a month ago, great little rifle , smooth as and not one miss feed in over 1000 rounds. Semi autos are a hassle to get here in Oz, so the levers are popular.
yes i prefer levers,but i got the 10-22 right.
I wondered about autos in your country,got a couple friends outside of brisbane and they said bolt action ,break open,pump or lever is about it..
I had a martini cadette i had rebarreled into 22 hornet n it got stole.miss that rifle.probably several in your country yet? They were light and easy shooting.
Glad you like your henry.well built n last long time too

It's hard to have more fun with a 22, although a pump gives it a good run. I went to the gun shop to get my boy a Henry, but ended up with a Browning BLR micro midas. 10 times nicer, but the price tag reflected that. If Henry made a receiver loading 38 special, I'd have 2 for sure. Enjoy your new toy!

yes i prefer levers,but i got the 10-22 right.
I wondered about autos in your country,got a couple friends outside of brisbane and they said bolt action ,break open,pump or lever is about it..
I had a martini cadette i had rebarreled into 22 hornet n it got stole.miss that rifle.probably several in your country yet? They were light and easy shooting.
Glad you like your henry.well built n last long time too

Yes, lots of Martini rifles around, they were issued to troops, prison guards and police way back. Contrary to what most people think, you can get just about anything down here, up to full auto, it's just the hoops you have to jump through multiply as you go up the ladder.

It's hard to have more fun with a 22, although a pump gives it a good run. I went to the gun shop to get my boy a Henry, but ended up with a Browning BLR micro midas. 10 times nicer, but the price tag reflected that. If Henry made a receiver loading 38 special, I'd have 2 for sure. Enjoy your new toy!
i am.its fun n its smooth

Mine
Yes, lots of Martini rifles around, they were issued to troops, prison guards and police way back. Contrary to what most people think, you can get just about anything down here, up to full auto, it's just the hoops you have to jump through multiply as you go up the ladder.
had queensland stamped on it n a roo by rear sight.wish it wasnt so much red tape id have 1 shipped to me so i could rebarrel it into another 22 hornet

Rwb , That Henry is too nice to shoot !:) Your right on the 10/22 , like everyone I had to have one . Now it's so heavy w/ what I did I might as well use a 50 cal .:LOL: I left the stock original ( still haven't found the right after market ) 30 round mag , Lithium light , Laser & the night scope I put on it is almost as long as the gun .:ROFLMAO: I always find myself grabbing my old Stevens SS bolt action that I spray painted flat black . Bare bones & I swear it shoots better .

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.