• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Great Cheap 9V Batteries for Power Mics etc ...

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
We use a lot of 9volt batts. in many things, especially CB power mics. I used to see Duracell Procells pretty cheap on eBay and I would get 6 or 12 at a time .... but they have dried up. The prices I've seen everywhere are ridiculous. A single Everready or Duracell 9V even at Walmart is over $4.00
Heard some guys talking about this and one of them said he uses the store brand ones from Dollar General, which is almost all over the country now. The dude mentioned his tested at 9.7 volts and you usually see 9.6 out of the name brand guys. I needed some and picked up 2 today. They both showed 9.85V on my Fluke VOM and these guys are just $1 everyday.
So there ya go. Good 9V's for $1 at Dollar General

If they are "heavy duty" batteries then they are zinc not alkaline. Which is fine as long as you don't let them sit in there dead. They will leak quickly.

If your burning through tons of batteries then your best bet is to just get something like the EBL rechargeable ones. 22bux gets you 4 plus a charger. That would very quickly pay for itself and no risk of leaks.

I make my own Battery for my Turner +2 hand mic ( 7.2v ? ) by stacking Duracell Watch Battery's together & use shrink wrap from Harbor Freight to hold them in place , I use to use Elec . Tape but Shrink Wrap much easier & neater . I learned that from someone on this forum years back when I first joined . I wish I could remember who it was so I could thank him ! :) Doing this has saved me a lot of $ over the years . So Thanks that member of WWDX that told me how to do it .(y) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.