1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Grocery store shortages

Discussion in 'Prepper Forum' started by Rwb, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

Rain check that chicken feed. They love that, rain checked two gang boxes. When they came in they called. Only had one, and the large size. Next week they called, they were in. Go to get, not there, they mistakenly sold them......

"But we have two of the large ones?"

"Sure, I'll take those........for the sale price I reserved the smaller ones!"

Nope, they no do that. Wouldnt fit back of my truck anyway.

Couple more weeks, they come in. They gave me another 25% off from the rain checked sale price because of delay and one was missing lock set ups. 200 plus a gang box.

2. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Red , They respect me @ my local TSC , I had an indecent where they were holding my 64 gun safe hostage ! Lets put it this way , I said call the PD ! I ended up getting it worked out after 2 hours & they called corporate . Kinda funny like you said after all said & done my " Lay away " safe was paid for .:whistle:o_O Now when I walk in " Mr " is always in front of my last name .:LOL:

#77 357magnum, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  3. Redbeard U812

Were you born an asshole ?
    Or did you work at it your whole life?
    Either way, it works out fine,
    Cause you're an asshole tonight.

4. Tokin

Tokin 42Zero Tampa

Life sucks, then you die....

People say that life is good
    It don't seem good to me
    I'm lost without a paddle
    And I'm headed up shit creek
    People say that life is fun
    But I don't know why
    As far as I can tell
    Life sucks then you die

5. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

Well I thought I was thoroughly depressed, I was wrong, now I am.

Redbeard U812, Tokin and 357magnum like this.
  6. autotuner

autotuner Supporting Member

Local scouts used to do that here, I didn't mind flipping the coin return to them, but then some whinging a*hole complained and the store put a stop to it.

357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  7. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Red , :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks for that in these times I needed a :ROFLMAO: ! Remember you said " I'll never turn into my Dad " ? Yup I did & maybe 2x worse ! :whistle: But this " Swamp Yankee " gets his do respect ! Dad was Swamp Yankee , Mom was a Hillbilly from WV . Not sure if that's a good cross ? :LOL: Locals here on the radio because of the way I live " Your a Hillbilly Grumpy " My Am handle after 50 years on 11M I guess that handle fit's ? 73 & God Bless , Leo

Redbeard U812, WECSOG and Tokin like this.
  8. Tokin

Tokin 42Zero Tampa

Im just a Masshole... (y)

357magnum likes this.
  9. Redbeard U812

Went in to Covid (town) yesterday. Get some stuff, can get dish detergent but no TP. Figured out a way tho. My neighbor let's their dogs out, unattended, they come over and shit in my yard......thinking trade off here, I just go over and crap in their yard. Saves time flushing, water, and holding tank storage.

10. Tokin

Tokin 42Zero Tampa

Oh, I thought youd just wipe your ass on his dogs...

11. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 Active Member

Came back from Smart and Final and there was plenty of food!! Steaks, chicken, eggs, milk...just no tp, paper towels or wipes. It’s not too bad. 2 weeks ago was bat shit crazy!!

S&W357, Robb, 357magnum and 1 other person like this.
  12. WECSOG

WECSOG Well-Known Member

Today being Friday, I picked up a 12 pack... of TP that is!
    Just happened to be in a store for other purposes and noticed they had some, so figured I'd better get it while it was available.

S&W357, 357magnum and Tokin like this.
  13. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Stop & Shop ( Big Market Chain here in RI ) pulled all there processed meats of the shelf yesterday ? I haven't seen it but I wonder were that S%#T came from ? o_O I'm thinking China ? I guess " No Spam for you " ! Not sure which brands were pulled , like said I didn't see it a neighbor did , but something ain't right .

S&W357 likes this.
  14. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Had a neighbor pulled that with me. Let Fluffie the dropkick mop-dog out the front door every day to run across street and crap my front yard.

Well, I knew the time. She’d be on the cordless phone not paying a lot of attention. Standing on the front porch.

Nothing accidental about it. I’d given her the glare at least once. Had even returned that dog home a few times.

So one morning I walked the alleyway with square shovel and stick. Gathered quite a pile of dog crap, old and new.

A half-hour before T-time, I laid a pyramid against the street curb.

10’ before (NASA countdown, boys) I doused it with hot bacon grease. (It was in cooking that staple the plan came to me).

Sat on my front step and burned a couple.

Fluffie ate the whole thing before a fumbled football rescue was made.

No more problems.

Fluffie probably didn’t make it to the back door the next 24-hours in a timely fashion.

As I suspected would happen, her husband never came to knock on my door. I believe he would have if informed. Ha!

In fact, he’s the one probably took that dust mop to the veterinarians.

What inspiration us this for grocery shortages due to parasite-panic?

Douse your greasy coveralls with some patented stink. Slide em on before entering store. Their cart is fair game.

Me? I’m gonna think, “How would kopcicle handle this”.

Then dial it back.

As that level of “thorough” is some odds-f’n serious mojo.

He ain’t the only one.

#89 Slowmover, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  15. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Remember,
    with savages & barbarians:

Social graces are insertion losses.