• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grocery store shortages

I think the general reason that they say the regular masks are ineffective is to keep people from hoarding them. My first concern is with the projectile spittle from someone's cough or sneeze. A regular mask will take care of this and I wear glasses so straight line projectiles would be stopped. If I was in a place with multiple people that were infected, then I could understand how the smallest particles of virus might be floating around to get through a simple mask. But at that point I would expect it to get in my eyes so goggles or a full face mask would be needed in my opinion. I see video of medical workers risking their lives to get the job done, while wearing the good masks with no eye protection or a simple face shield. To me the eyes are just as vulnerable.
Its not even respiratory droplets from a cough or sneeze but just from breathing and talking. Ive been saying the whole time to cover your face not to protect yourself from others but to protect others from you. Respiratory droplets is how this spreads. It lands on hard surfaces when we talk breathe or cough then transfers to your hands.

Went to Wally World today. Things pretty normal, except only one entrance and the maze built from shopping carts. Shelves pretty much stocked, few shoppers. Got a few things, not groceries, but garden items. Only inconvenient was access and egress.

Reactions: 357magnum
Its not even respiratory droplets from a cough or sneeze but just from breathing and talking. Ive been saying the whole time to cover your face not to protect yourself from others but to protect others from you. Respiratory droplets is how this spreads. It lands on hard surfaces when we talk breathe or cough then transfers to your hands.

Wondering how many of those microgreens you grow were contaminated. :sick:

Reactions: 357magnum and Tokin
My wallyworld is bare. Very few items on the shelves.

Another thing I didn't like about Florida, after the hurricanes rolled through, it was weeks before stores got stocked back up. 4 storms in one season, had to roll out with camper. First one, went up to Tallahassee and Boondocked behind Hooters, got back to Brooksville and the resupply was slow. Other three I went to Mobile to get out of the way. I remember dropping trailer at friends shop by Ladd Stadium and going to Louisiana and moving out of house, stuff went to storage. The last three I always got what I needed before returning to Florida. Was even taking orders for friends, camper full of goodies.

Well I find my masks , I have Military , they kinda Frighten People ! But In the draw in my garage I pulled my HF Masks out I use for Grinding & They are stamp N-95 ? But mine are older & don't have that Fancy Dancy plastic thing in the front ? I'm sure they must be same grade ? Stamp N-95 & that means keeps 95 percent out . What's that plastic thing for ? Just curious .o_O Next time out for me is Sunday , need to go to CVS & if lucky maybe some Different meat , believe I'm pretty well stock but I need to find a Beef roast so I can process it into things . Deer is Good but no fat ! Yes I mix it but need some cheap burger or pork . Running short on that . 73 , Stay Healthy & Safe , God Bless , Leo

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Wife and I went to Tractor Supply and grocery store yesterday...wore bandanas over nose and mouth. First time out in 12 days. Lots less in grocery store than a couple of weeks ago.

Spaced out doper with red glazed eyes (Zombie maybe?) looked at us and said with a slur "Y'all taking this way too much seriously"...LOL. I just flipped him a bird and said "Banditos, move along bud". He did.

Reactions: 357magnum
Cosco was the first to do this last week here now its all the stores as of today. I shop at BJ's club and its not usually too busy and its a very large building.
Its best now to order your Wal-Mart stuff online for pickup. You have to get up early and get online to get a time slot though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.