• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham licence cb licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweetybird

Jun 23, 2019
Why do hams hate cbers? And Visa versa its like trout fisherman and bass fisherman hating each other. Can someone explain it to me? We need to stick together the are coming for our airwaves unite now so we are strong when needed ok the tweetybird will shut up

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

If they are on a ham band aren't they hams maybe stupid hams just like stupid cbers are around I'm sure there are stupid hams too cant lump all people together or all radio men are stupid.so what is it how can you tell who's who?

Also I believe that if someone passed ham exam won't shit his own nest.
Mike

Common sense would support your hypothesis. However, my own ears have experienced otherwise.

I've been truly surprised at how many hams I've heard act like turkeys. It is definitely a minority, but still an annoyance that no one should have to deal with and an issue that should not be out there at all once folks have their ticket.

Reactions: oldtymer
I have been a CB'er for 52 years and a Amateur radio operator for 7 years.
When I got my ticket I did not throw all of my CB gear out. I don't hate any body unless they have wronged me in a big way. The main way to tell cb'ers from hams is that hams will clearly state their call sign every so often or upon request from another ham.
CB'ers have no call sign or manners for that matter. It does piss me off when some dork buys a 10meter radio and they automatically think since they have the radio they have the right.
Ham radio is not a "Right" it is a "Privilege" and just because you own some gear that does not make you a ham. Yes we do have some dumb ass outlaws.
14.313 MHz is a prime example.

I've heard some righteous ham operators and I've heard some straight buttholes, same on 11 meters. I think the two curtains even out

Why do hams hate cbers? And Visa versa.

No need to start a new thread on this subject matter, there are plenty. And like the others, no good will come of this one. Nada. Zippo. No constructive discussion. No settling of differences. No Camp David Accords. Just a bunch of bickering with an occasional sensible observation that is quickly lost in the shuffle. The same old stuff hashed over. And over. And. . . o_O

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.