• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham Shack lightning Carnage

That's not all that bad for a price. Especially if you factor in replacing electronics in your shack.
Me, no shack allowed in the new house, no holes allowed but mobile / portable is good.

If you keep telling yourself that long enough eventually you will believe it. :)
Damn Captain, don't hold back. :D
Yeah, a radio in the house would be good. I have a space already built with everything there except the radio. Very limited room for an antenna but there is room. It's my work schedule right now, not much time for radios at home but I spend 1 1/2 hours a day driving to/from work.

I feel your pain binrat! Working 12-14hr days puts a hamper on base station use. At least I have my mobile!

Reactions: binrat
I feel your pain binrat! Working 12-14hr days puts a hamper on base station use. At least I have my mobile!

X2 i am workin 60hr a week 2 jobs it stinks.... allmost no radio time and when i do get on the wife wants to do shit.....

Yep, just keep on talking through the storm and sooner or later you'll pay the price. Doesn't matter how great your grounding and protection is, if that bolt hits or comes close to your antenna and send amps down through your feedline, you are toast. Been there done that.

Yep, just keep on talking through the storm and sooner or later you'll pay the price. Doesn't matter how great your grounding and protection is, if that bolt hits or comes close to your antenna and send amps down through your feedline, you are toast. Been there done that.

Not true. It takes some work and you have to know what to do but commercial stations stay on the air during direct strikes and some hams stations are well equipped to handle a direct strike and never disconnect gear. Did the commercial thing for 22 years and took many strikes to both AM and FM systems. Worst I ever suffered was a complete set of three phase rectifiers blown in an FM transmitter 5000 volt power supply once.

http://www.w8ji.com/ground_systems.htm

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.