• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HAM test

C

CDX126

Well after a couple of months of studying I past my Tech. class liscense. Tried for the Gen. even though I haven't studied for it. I missed it by two. OH well. I'll test for that 2nd week in Febuary.

CONGRATS to CDX-126,good job!!!
Be sure to add yourself to "how many hams" sticky in amateur section.Good luck on general test,i passed written portion of general back in August.Now if they would just drop that code :D
73,Stu

I am studying for my Tech test and am hoping to take it in January as I know I won't be ready for it this month..

Congrats to you CDX126

I wish I had some of you guys here closer to help me study for it but I will do the best I can...

novakor said:
CONGRATS to CDX-126,good job!!!
Be sure to add yourself to "how many hams" sticky in amateur section.Good luck on general test,i passed written portion of general back in August.Now if they would just drop that code :D
73,Stu

I would not waste time waiting for a drop for the code test. You have 365 days from the date of your certificate to pass the code test. After that time you have to retest.

I have no idea if the FCC is going to do anything about the code test in a year's time and if they change the requirement will they honor the cert? Dunno. But if you wait too long you're SOL.

Ron 44613 there are alot of ham test generators out there. I will send you the one I have.

NorthStar said:
Congrats 126. Did Bcrew back out on taking the test?

got skeered, wasnt sure if I could deal with being a amateur radio guy
guess I'll have to stick with being a professional cb'er

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you pass the Tech. without code, you can still take the General written test but, you wont get Gen. privliges until you take the code. You will get a certificate of successful completion which is good for 365 days from the date of issue.

CDX126 said:
Well after a couple of months of studying I past my Tech. class liscense. Tried for the Gen. even though I haven't studied for it. I missed it by two. OH well. I'll test for that 2nd week in Febuary.
Well Congrats CDX 126 :!: :!: I also took the Tecnician's Class exam on Saturday and passed :!: :!: . The test wasn,t all that difficult I think... I will be studying to take the GEN. when the FCC drops code. :D

DRIFTER....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.