• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Happy 4Th to all!!

Still a slave day on the Big Road. Used to be only foreigners in trucks on holidays. Not anymore. I’m in a truck stop that’s jammed in it’s usual way.

I ask the idiots in cars why they speed to the next bumper despite all the traffic. “Well, I’m in a hurry”. (Stupid risk matters not at all. Nor rules about illegally blocking access to the left lane).

Slaves. No money. Only concern about their slave collar (credit rating).

An Independence Day is needed, alright.

I’d be QUITE happy to argue that the families ostensibly “on vacation”, aren’t. The men aren’t happy with me when I note that they hadn’t a father. Maybe a baby daddy. Who, given the awesomely stupid way they drive successfully proves if they did he sure as hell didn’t like them.

Ever heard the phrase, “can’t fix stupid”(?).

That’s ANYONE who has allowed himself to be boxed in front, rear and side.

The reason I know they never had a father is that what counts, is fundamental, is CONSTANT vehicle spacing. There’s no such thing as traveling at the upper limit.

There’s a range. Cruise control when one isn’t regularly running up on other traffic. Back it down a few. Won’t change the trip.

Big trucks are pretty much all at 65+. One can cruise just below that at 64 and be neither impediment nor having to change lanes.

Or get above 68. But other cars will jam around you. Trucks will creep up on you. Stupid sez, “I’m traveling at 71!” Wrong. Fundamental misapprehension. One is traveling a limited access highway with a range of from 45-mph to 70-mph.

Conditions are what are of interest. Hour to hour and day to day. It’s never the same road twice.

Conditions include curves and grades where Superman’s X-ray vision is needed to conform a clear road ahead. Not a rolled church bus athwart both lanes.

There’s truly no such thing as an accident. Just irresponsible drivers. (Being hit from behind at a mandatory stop is the sole exception)

So, to tools:

One’s AVERAGE SPEED is engine hours against odometer readings. From trip start to finish.

Use that as your gauge. What father’s teach. Spacing is just managing the flow of others. If they barely have 3-mph in a pass , drop it below 60 that others don’t jam up behind them.

Those are the wrecks funniest to me. Can’t fix stupid.

The packs come and go. Let them go. Glide along all alone.

Pre-plan stops and control the time spent there. That’s what keeps the average high.

Hardened tools:

If EMP wiped everyone’s car computer what will you want to have around you at that moment?

Understand the Average Speed problem, and maintain greatest space. It’s second nature after awhile. Context is what fathers are to teach (Even though I almost don’t ever see this being done versus thirty, forty and more years ago).

Otherwise, PM Bobby (Undertaker) now.

Or it’s the morning radio ads from KRLD-AM Dallas from my childhood:

“One call does all. Restland & Laureland”

Last edited:
No fireworks around here. Last year, there were sooo many raging forest fires (the Redding CA area) that NO ONE it seems wants to use any 'fire'.

However, there are many gun enthusiasts here that will no doubt be firing off more than a few rounds of ammo (including me) in the county area (legally). Some are licensed for machine guns and come close to burning out their barrels. All in fun.

But I did buy a watermelon and have it safely snuggled in the refrigerator, gonna fire up the smoker for some chicken and ribs, and then watch the county fireworks display from here this evening.

All is a lot to be grateful for . . .

Still a slave day on the Big Road. Used to be only foreigners in trucks on holidays. Not anymore. I’m in a truck stop that’s jammed in it’s usual way.

I ask the idiots in cars why they speed to the next bumper despite all the traffic. “Well, I’m in a hurry”. (Stupid risk matters not at all. Nor rules about illegally blocking access to the left lane).

Slaves. No money. Only concern about their slave collar (credit rating).

An Independence Day is needed, alright.

I’d be QUITE happy to argue that the families ostensibly “on vacation”, aren’t. The men aren’t happy with me when I note that they hadn’t a father. Maybe a baby daddy. Who, given the awesomely stupid way they drive successfully proves if they did he sure as hell didn’t like them.

Ever heard the phrase, “can’t fix stupid”(?).

That’s ANYONE who has allowed himself to be boxed in front, rear and side.

The reason I know they never had a father is that what counts, is fundamental, is CONSTANT vehicle spacing. There’s no such thing as traveling at the upper limit.

There’s a range. Cruise control when one isn’t regularly running up on other traffic. Back it down a few. Won’t change the trip.

Big trucks are pretty much all at 65+. One can cruise just below that at 64 and be neither impediment nor having to change lanes.

Or get above 68. But other cars will jam around you. Trucks will creep up on you. Stupid sez, “I’m traveling at 71!” Wrong. Fundamental misapprehension. One is traveling a limited access highway with a range of from 45-mph to 70-mph.

Conditions are what are of interest. Hour to hour and day to day. It’s never the same road twice.

Conditions include curves and grades where Superman’s X-ray vision is needed to conform a clear road ahead. Not a rolled church bus athwart both lanes.

There’s truly no such thing as an accident. Just irresponsible drivers. (Being hit from behind at a mandatory stop is the sole exception)

So, to tools:

One’s AVERAGE SPEED is engine hours against odometer readings. From trip start to finish.

Use that as your gauge. What father’s teach. Spacing is just managing the flow of others. If they barely have 3-mph in a pass , drop it below 60 that others don’t jam up behind them.

Those are the wrecks funniest to me. Can’t fix stupid.

The packs come and go. Let them go. Glide along all alone.

Pre-plan stops and control the time spent there. That’s what keeps the average high.

Hardened tools:

If EMP wiped everyone’s car computer what will you want to have around you at that moment?

Understand the Average Speed problem, and maintain greatest space. It’s second nature after awhile. Context is what fathers are to teach (Even though I almost don’t ever see this being done versus thirty, forty and more years ago).

Otherwise, PM Bobby (Undertaker) now.

Or it’s the morning radio ads from KRLD-AM Dallas from my childhood:

“One call does all. Restland & Laureland”
Gotta love those "Left Lane Lubbers" and those "Stupid Groupers". Airborn marbles or popcorn really freaks them out.

I ask the idiots in cars why they speed to the next bumper despite all the traffic. “Well, I’m in a hurry”. (Stupid risk matters not at all. Nor rules about illegally blocking access to the left lane)..
I'll tell you why most of these four wheeler's burn the road up.
They don't want to be late for their accident! Or they just want to get home one car length sooner.

There was a study done by the Highway Safety Institute and they compared arrival times of vehicles that maintained speed limits versus those that tried to maintain 10 to 20 mph over the posted speed limits. The ones that maintained speed limit arrived 5 to 10 minutes later than those that busted their humps trying to keep their average speed up.
Of course fewer of the speeders completed the road course. Some due to crashes and some because of mechanical failures.

Last edited:
Reactions: 357magnum
No fireworks around here. Last year, there were sooo many raging forest fires (the Redding CA area) that NO ONE it seems wants to use any 'fire'.

However, there are many gun enthusiasts here that will no doubt be firing off more than a few rounds of ammo (including me) in the county area (legally). Some are licensed for machine guns and come close to burning out their barrels. All in fun.

But I did buy a watermelon and have it safely snuggled in the refrigerator, gonna fire up the smoker for some chicken and ribs, and then watch the county fireworks display from here this evening.

All is a lot to be grateful for . . .

I was terrified you were gonna say you were gonna shoot that melon...that’d be a waste.

I'll tell you why most of these four wheeler's burn the road up.
They don't want to be late for their accident! Or they just want to get home one car length sooner.

There was a study done by the Highway Safety Institute and they compared arrival times of vehicles that maintained speed limits versus those that tried to maintain 10 to 20 mph over the posted speed limits. The ones that maintained speed limit arrived 5 to 10 minutes later than those that busted their humps trying to keep their average speed up.
Of course fewer of the speeders completed the road course. Some due to crashes and some because of mechanical failures.

5-10 minutes means a lot when you got a turtle head pokin’ out. I use “go home gear” in the big truck AKA flat on the floor.

I’m not playing with turtles, they carry salmonella and stuff, I could wipe out the entire Death Star staff like that. We’d all have something far worse than turtle heads poking out, we’d have flying shells.

Wait til you get home one day and there’s something drawn in your drawers that there’s no decoder pen for. You’ll wish then you’d laid the hammer down and hit the left lane.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated