• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Has anyone been able to duplicate these results?

Guess his setup is impervious to any, and I mean ANY floor noise what so ever. Makes me laugh at the extent at which some will go for an export radio! Buy a damn HF radio and you won't have to worry about hundreds of dollars worth of mods to get the radio to work correctly I suppose. Or maybe I am just a dumb CB'er.
Next I suppose I need to change all my lmr400 out for some 1 5/8" hard line LOL!! All DIN Male connectors and might as well throw an Anritsu for line sweeps as well. Better yet some PIM testing equipment.
PIM is a form of intermodulation distortion that occurs in components normally thought of as linear, such as cables, connectors and antennas. However, when subject to the high RF powers found in cellular systems, these devices can generate intermodulation signals at –80 dBm or higher.
Now there is something to think about. But hey what the heck do I know, I am just a dumb CB'er LOL!!

It's hard to argue with the facts. A truck stop CB tech does good enough work and gives a good enough explanation of this technical mumbo-jumbo to impress a trucker that doesn't really understand any of it.

I went out to the garage to put on my chest waders for this thread...lol How do you manage to get rid of all that pesky atmospheric and man made noise that becomes your "noise floor" while driving down the road?

The thunderstorms have been making a lot of noise on 75 meters lately. Maybe I'll send him a kenwood and a yaesu so he can tune that out for me.

When I first talked to Rabbiporkchop, it was on the road in WY on my way East to IA from CA a hundred miles from any sizable city. There was no noise out on the prairie of WY. Had to check my radio twice just to be sure that it was still on. So location, location, location is the answer; but certainly not the norm . . .

Who is Mark Sherman?
He owns Fine Tune CB Shop and made the video this thread is about.
He works on all my equipment.
The point of the post was to see if there are any technicians with the same skills.
If not then my business will continue to go to Mark Sherman.
My name is Scot Johnson for the brainless idiots that think Mark has time to masquerade as someone else.

Definitely the norm for me. That was an everyday occurence regardless of location. Distance transmitting and hearing always varies by terrain but I can always talk and hear further than anyone who happens to be in my proximity regardless of what their station happens to consist of.
When I first talked to Rabbiporkchop, it was on the road in WY on my way East to IA from CA a hundred miles from any sizable city. There was no noise out on the prairie of WY. Had to check my radio twice just to be sure that it was still on. So location, location, location is the answer; but certainly not the norm . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.