• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Has anyone been able to duplicate these results?

@ 1000 watts, how do you think this would perform?
received_833056170127323_zpssdik43xv.jpeg

AWFUL.
Lots of harmonics (upper scope) and the AM signal has extremely pinched off negative peaks (lower scope).

Bypassed/smashed the 54mhz trap, clipped out the AM Limiter - no doubt.
This is your radio on drugs; the advice that many people give you to modify a radio.
Results?
All Wrong . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
The same as it would at 5 watts.........loud and overmodulated only the shit would be heard over a greater distance. Pull the audio back a bit and watch those harmonics drop waaaay down. It would still stomp the hell out of a 5 watt signal on the same channel.

That's nasty poo will cut your lips off. :LOL: If you're worried about harmonics stop buying those Billy big rig exports, buy a type accepted CB set and a decent amplifier...or keep wasting your money on shiny stuff.

You won't find trucker junk at break....at least not in a vehicle that's winning. Why is Mark not going to breaks and winning the prize money? Since he doesn't need an amplifier the profit margin would be much higher. He probably doesn't do that because he would be swamped with customers after winning AC sky with his barefoot radio and copper antenna.

Start with a radio that has to meet certain requirements to get a certification and amplify that clean signal. Or buy a more expensive turd and have some speed head hot rod it for you.

Only at close range.

You is dumb.

Only at close range.

You haven't got a clue about power and power density. I am talking REAL watts and not something a CB tech can show me on a Dosey meter that has has been fudged and the radio has been whacked and is over driving the amp to make the numbers look bigger than they really are. even then 1000 watts will stomp 5 watts and the hell with the distance. I am now convinced you either know nothing or are in fact a troll.

Reboot.gif

I'm tired of this and I work tomorrow. Have fun trying to convince others that 1000 watts of overmodulated audio will only stomp on a 5 watt signal out to a certain distance. I suggest you investigate the inverse squared law of power density and when you do you will realize it applies to that 5 watt signal as much as it does that 1000 watt signal at the same rate.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Damnit man. I guess i need to trash my Icom 746 and get me one of those special radios that Mark sells as it will just stomp the shit out of a 1000 watt signal!;):D:ROFLMAO:. And oh yeah. Uh oh it's magic!!! He must have learned his stuff from David Copperfield or Houdini!!!

I think he is too deep to just give in. That is why he keeps responding like he does. Just a gut feeling.

Yep. I'm done Exit 13. Can't win this one. Pretty obvious!!! Hope all is well and have a good one my friend.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.