• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Has anyone been able to duplicate these results?

A million dollar test bench means nothing if the tech has no clue. seriously, just like some operators with a whole 7 foot rack full of audio gear thinking they sound so much better than the guy with knowledge of how to set his filter and internal EQ and has a simply studio microphone and perhaps one piece of external gear. Looks is impressive but it needs knowledge and skill to make it work and sometimes less is better.
Reminds me of a broadcast engineer that used to work for Clear Channel and sub-contracts for a shop in Indiana.
The guy has really nice test equipment.
He has a vast knowledge of commercial broadcasting. All of his customers sound Crystal Clear within 5 miles of me but disappeared out of my receiver very quickly

The thing that impresses his customers the most is being able to hear him for an hour and a half before they get to him.
Unfortunately in this business 30 minute range is about the most you're going to hear from any of these guys who were in the business.
( and that's only two or three of them. Most of them have a 10-minute range )

It doesn't take a genius to set up a good antenna and run some power. It does take a con artist to misuse test equipment to lure in customers. Maybe he really believes the theories he's came up with.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I agree with you totally.
In his mind if it doesn't pay him the money it's not worth his time.

That's bull. He's took the time to make YouTube videos for those of us that questioned his work. He's afraid of being backed into a corner with questions he can't answer. If that happens his cover is blown and he looks like a fool. The same reason he blew off your question about terminating his scope input.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
That's bull. He's took the time to make YouTube videos for those of us that questioned his work. He's afraid of being backed into a corner with questions he can't answer. If that happens his cover is blown and he looks like a fool. The same reason he blew off your question about terminating his scope input.
I don't think he feels a need to prove anything to anyone. If anything it's the other way around. On the airwaves his work speaks for itself.

Reminds me of a broadcast engineer that used to work for Clear Channel and sub-contracts for a shop in Indiana.
The guy has really nice test equipment.
He has a vast knowledge of commercial broadcasting. All of his customers sound Crystal Clear within 5 miles of me but disappeared out of my receiver very quickly

Distance covered is determined by raw power output. 5 watts from Joe's CB Shop and Live Bait House is just as good as 5 watts from your super-tech. Even at double the power the extended coverage is minimal.You are really stretching things now.

Reactions: 222DBFL
On the airwaves his work speaks for itself.
Actually that's bull too. Way too many variables involved with that to be a valid point. I understand you're just the middle man (maybe) but if I was a CB tech with claimed outstanding work I would certainly welcome an open discussion about what I know or don't know.

Distance covered is determined by raw power output. 5 watts from Joe's CB Shop and Live Bait House is just as good as 5 watts from your super-tech. Even at double the power the extended coverage is minimal.You are really stretching things now.
Waveform Integrity has everything to do with efficiency as well.
4 watts at one shop performs as well as a thousand Watts at a different shop.
Watts are meaningless when there's a complete lack of skill involved which is the case 99% of the time.
95% of the shops out there don't even know what test equipment is..
Photo_talks_1451575610297_zpsghftmxtu.jpg

Photo_talks_1451598766436_zps4nsp3dxy.jpg

wjkxm_zpsbyycyafl.jpg

I don't think he feels a need to prove anything to anyone. If anything it's the other way around. On the airwaves his work speaks for itself.

OK then. If my mobile will key on yours, and it will, and I did all the work does that make me better than your tech?....someone might hear you scratching under my dead key but just barely.

I know plenty golden screwdrivers that will clobber him on the air with dirty radios, amplifiers that are fire hazards and huge antennas on overloaded towers. What does that prove?

Waveform Integrity has everything to do with efficiency as well.
4 watts at one shop performs as well as a thousand Watts at a different shop.
Watts are meaningless when there's a complete lack of skill involved which is the case 99% of the time.
95% of the shops out there don't even know what test equipment is..

Now that is just bu........Nope never mind I won't say it.

Oh what the hell. BULLSHIT. If you honestly believe that 4 watts from your buddy's shop will yield as strong a signal as 1000 watts from Joe's CB Shop then you either have been brainwashed due to lack of knowledge or you are indeed a troll. Go back to your bridge. Waveform integrity...........yeah right.Just what do you refer to as "integrity" and what does that "integrity" have to do with efficiency? Your use of those words together as if one influences the other and has a greater effect on signal is laughable. I have bit my tongue many times with statements made in this thread but I couldn't any longer. I have no horse in this race since I do not make a cent from working on CB gear. It's like the old saying "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" and so far we have not seen any proof or evidence about your tech other than your claims or his. If your claim in the bold text quoted above is true then i want your tech to work on my 100 watt HF radio. It should perform like a 25,000 watt radio and I can forget all about an amplifier.

Damn, 4 watts against 1kw?? WTF are you smoking man?? I too want my radio to make 4 watts beat out 1kw!!! That would be the day I see pink elephants and pigs fly!! Keep drinking that kool aid man! It's got you in LA LA land!! Tell the Wizard of Oz I said hello!!

Damn, 4 watts against 1kw?? WTF are you smoking man?? I too want my radio to make 4 watts beat out 1kw!!! That would be the day I see pink elephants and pigs fly!! Keep drinking that kool aid man! It's got you in LA LA land!! Tell the Wizard of Oz I said hello!!

YUP. 1000 watts of the dirtiest most distorted low "integrity" signal will stomp on and kill a 4 watt signal of the utmost purity and of the highest integrity every time. I'm not talking Dosey watts versus Bird watts either. I mean REAL watts.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Now that is just bu........Nope never mind I won't say it.

Oh what the hell. BULLSHIT. If you honestly believe that 4 watts from your buddy's shop will yield as strong a signal as 1000 watts from Joe's CB Shop then you either have been brainwashed due to lack of knowledge or you are indeed a troll. Go back to your bridge. Waveform integrity...........yeah right.Just what do you refer to as "integrity" and what does that "integrity" have to do with efficiency? Your use of those words together as if one influences the other and has a greater effect on signal is laughable. I have bit my tongue many times with statements made in this thread but I couldn't any longer. I have no horse in this race since I do not make a cent from working on CB gear. It's like the old saying "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" and so far we have not seen any proof or evidence about your tech other than your claims or his. If your claim in the bold text quoted above is true then i want your tech to work on my 100 watt HF radio. It should perform like a 25,000 watt radio and I can forget all about an amplifier.
It's been witnessed thousands of times by many people I just wish I'd made a video.
1000 Watts at 2 gigahertz going into a 27 megahertz antenna isn't going to travel very far

It's been witnessed thousands of times by many people I just wish I'd made a video.
1000 Watts at 2 gigahertz going into a 27 megahertz antenna isn't going to travel very far

Gigahertz? Just when I think you have some intelligence you make a statement like this.

If that were the case install a low pass filter. Either the filter or the transmitter will fry.

LOL I was wondering what kind of justification for what you said you were going to come up with. Lots of CB techs out there packaging 1000 watt 2 GHz transmitters with 27 MHz antennas I am sure. Can you even imagine 1000 watts at 2 GHz? Your microwave oven is about 1000 watts at 2.4 GHz so better not stand in front of that 1000 watt 2 GHz transmitter. LOL Even if it was selling super-duper tuned 27 MHz transmitters packaged with 2 GHz antennas there would be just as many and that number would be 1 and I am sure we know who it would be. LOL You and I and everyone else knows that is not what you had in mind when you posted that above. Nice try though. It was an entertaining response.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.