• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have you "Got Down" lately?

brandon7861

Loose Wire
Nov 28, 2018
It's the CB radio catch phrase these days. A few people with good audio said it a while back and now everyone says they "got down" on the air. If your 50kW setup sounds like total dog shit, stop saying you got down, because I can clearly hear how you "get down" and it isn't that great. Nothing against those who do it right but some people out there really need to look at their output waveform. Nothing impressive about a guy who destroys a good investment. If you are not down with learning how this shit works and actually care to apply that knowledge to your own gear, you haven't got down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2AF409

I'd stuff pillows with them, just like I do with all the mud duck's feathers.
And
Again, I just got down..

Yes there are indeed some dirty stations on the CB band, and dirty radios into big watts can make a mess.
But there are some really nice stations that actually sound good if you look for them.
This is CB radio, it has not changed much since its heyday in the 70's
When the dx is hot the mess is global.
It drives some to free band and others go get there license and go play on ten meters and other bands.

Jeff

DISCO, Baby!! Get down on it... Get down on it... Hahaha..
Yeah, it's just CB Radio and for some, "getting down" is just fun. It doesn't appeal to me but and as long as CB Radio is fun, I'm in.
And, you will rarely find me on AM. I don't hear this too much on ssb. We have a local here who loves his AM radio and he is forever Getting Down!

ResizedP_9eb6fcb9-22a0-4649-a120-72127175ec4d_104924434389973.gif

Resized_e41288de-60e9-4f8e-8fe8-557088cc6d78_105008721859888.gif

Last time I got down was in the 90's. Shows that I'm a little younger than most in here.

Little brother, You know I got it all man,cuz when you got up - I got right back down.
Your Big Brother round the Gold Coast, working this 3-500z baby driver and my long boom antenna, and I again I just got down .....

Got to have fun right?
It's just playing radio, you do your style, he does his and we all have fun.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated