• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have you purchased ham gear because of this site? What was it?

Hi 1st post noob here.

I was leaning towards the TH-D72A and the review I saw on this site really gave me the information I was looking for to let me pull the trigger on my purchase.

Reactions: binrat
I bought a Yaesu VX-8DR. I'm just starting out, but I'm using all the bells and whistles.

This site is where I learned about the MARS/CAP mod. Thanks for that!

Yes sir, I bought enough equipment to get me in the dog house several times. I bought a 50 amp supply from one of our sponsors(MegaWatt) and then to keep it company an Icom IC-7100.
Then a Kenwood 455 and a MFJ269 antenna tuner. But before that I got a Daiwa CN-801. I won't even mention the antennas.... She doesn't know about those yet.

Last edited:
Me too! I bought the 35 amp Megawa PS and been very happy with it.

Can't beat it for the price and it truly is hash and trash free.

Me too! I bought the 35 amp Megawa PS and been very happy with it.

I bought two of those several years ago and hooked them in parallel with a diode isolater and have really run them hard on my calibration/repair bench. When I had some slack time they were busy running ham radios and linears. Then once I used them for seven days to remove rust from a three section ROHN TOWER and they were at near maximum capacity. At the end they still meet specifications and have not faltered in any way.

We're do I start LOL, everything I bought is from asking, reading and all here.

Ameritron AL-80B
LMR 400 coax
Belden 9913
Kenwood TS-480HX
MFJ ARB-704
MFJ-989D Versa Tuner V
LDGAT-200pro II Autotuner
MFJ-259C

We're do I start LOL, everything I bought is from asking, reading and all here.

Ameritron AL-80B
LMR 400 coax
Belden 9913
Kenwood TS-480HX
MFJ ARB-704
MFJ-989D Versa Tuner V
LDGAT-200pro II Autotuner
MFJ-259C

yes i did. i got sick of the cb crowd. so i got my license and spent a ton of money on ham gear. just waiting for my mfj auto tuner.and ill be on the air soon.

Reactions: RatsoW8
i just bought a new kenwood ts 2000 its ok but not what i want. ill most likely sell it. get the new icom. cost me 1.400 from gigaparts its stock no mods been done to it.

I bought the S-400-12 MegaWatt PS because of all the recommendations here. I also passed on the "Good Oil" to another Ozzie Ham and he bought one to power his new IC-7300. Thanks for the info everyone ;-)

I also jumped on board the Meggawatt ps boat after all the great recommendations from this site. Sold the old pyramid and glad I did. Takes up a lot less space on the desk. (y)

I'll add to my previous post the Moxon 10 meter beam after seeing a pic from a forum member using one. I wanted a small beam I can get away with in my HOA neighborhood and this fits the bill.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.