• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello from western Newfoundland.

Just bikedinto Western Brook Pond for the boat tour. This is halfway in at a small pond. The ultimate destination is the large gap in the background.
20190725_104812.jpg

Reactions: RoadRanger
I might have overlooked the answer here but is it cold there? That may be a real stupid question on my part considering where you are but I don’t know. And it may be a stupid assumption because of where you are.

So, cold or not?

I might have overlooked the answer here but is it cold there? That may be a real stupid question on my part considering where you are but I don’t know. And it may be a stupid assumption because of where you are.

So, cold or not?

It CAN be cold here but not at the moment. Today was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day in the low 70's. Evenings cool off to the low to mid 50's so light sweater might make it a bit more comfortable but I still wear my shorts and sandals. Supposed to hit almost 80 in a couple days but we will be another couple hundred miles further north by then. Headed to L'Anse aux Meadows tomorrow morning for a couple days. Only thing between there and Greenland is about 600 miles of frigid north Atlantic.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Sounds like nice weather then, I kinda expected it to be cold, TV kinda ruins things sometimes I guess.
Anyways, pics man, pics!!!

That looks awesome. Refreshing. I don’t know that I’d want to travel all that distance from here to see it but it’s really nice looking. I imagine that’s breath taking in person. Of course, you’re a lot closer than I would be to it, maybe not so long a trip for you.

You should sell those photos for wallpaper for Windows, haha. Nice pics.

Absolutely beautiful scenery there, some of the pictures look like something Bob Ross would paint. I can imagine the feeling you would get being there in person. Definitely on my bucket list now, maybe the wife and I will make it there in the next few years. Have you found a good spot for a DXpedition? Thanks for sharing!
Chris

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.