• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help

So you allowed 4" for the connection meaning 2" at each end? In your opinion, I would remove the homemade coil inside housing, replace empty housing and make connection of loop on the radial hub of the CRL and the other end of loop to the screw that holds the radiator to the empty housing and fabricate a mount for the SO239 that mounts to the radial portion of ant? How long would tip wire from the center of SO239 be that serves as the tap point connection?

This pic is for a penetrator match on a CRL but you can see the parts.

793d1258051820t-save-penetrator-500-antenna-new-antenna.jpg

So you allowed 4" for the connection meaning 2" at each end? In your opinion, I would remove the homemade coil inside housing, replace empty housing and make connection of loop on the radial hub of the CRL and the other end of loop to the screw that holds the radiator to the empty housing and fabricate a mount for the SO239 that mounts to the radial portion of ant? How long would tip wire from the center of SO239 be that serves as the tap point connection?

This pic is for a penetrator match on a CRL but you can see the parts.

View attachment 13863
Is that your antenna or someone elses? The Penetrator has no coil in the base from what I recall, just a short lead to connect the so239 to the insulator.

You have to use either your internal homemade coil or the external matching system I posted, not both. I personally have little faith in coils, but have put out about 1 Kw through that antenna that is in the thread linked with great success.
If you do use the coil, same thing, the radials must be installed prior to adjusting for swr.

So here we are again. We put radials on and the SWR's didn't change. Ant is 20ft up. Its not my ant but it's just like the one I have. They are both CRL2's
I hate to give up on this just for the learning part of it. Like Thomas Edison.
"I've found hundreds of ways how not to make a light bulb"
I'm really ready to ditch the coil and try the loop that your refereeing to. The image I posted looks like a "CLR" with a "Super Penetrator" matching devise on the outside. I may be wrong but it looks like the CRL. I do understand that you cant use both.

Upon future inspection of the image it looks like it has 1 bolt holding each radial on like the CRL were the Penetrator has 2 bolts per radial. Ill have to backtrack and find the original post and research it.

Marconi, Since I cant find the "Send Message" tab on the new webpage I'll have to ask here. Did you receive the payment I sent you?

Marconi, Since I cant find the "Send Message" tab on the new webpage I'll have to ask here. Did you receive the payment I sent you?

No payment yet.

I can't figure out a lot of new features either.

I've been wanting to respond to your post #80 above, but I was working on a beam modeling project, and then the forum changed and then I got sick.

Last edited:
No payment yet.

I can't figure out a lot of new features either.

I've been wanting to respond to your post #80 above, but I was working on a beam modeling project, and then the forum changed and then I got sick.

Ill see what happened to payment or just send it again. Hope your feeling better now. We abandoned the coil idea. Thanks for all your help on it tho. Just couldn't get SWR down. Now we are trying the Penetrator match idea. Raining here so were at the mercy of mother nature.
Hopefully in a couple days it will let up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.