• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here's my 2000 Mustang with my Sirio magmount working skip

That's very cool 357, my father in law had the 1st front engine dragster in west Texas and ran it in Penwell Tx. I would like to meet you someday 357. The story's & memories we have is awesome.

My first pass in a Jr fuel dragster ? It had a hand brake made of flat stock you would pull & you sat on a 9" narrowed Ford rear end w/ a little padding . I made my pass popped the chute .... Why did you do that we never learned how to pack it ! Thank God I knew how !:LOL: Back in my day the driver packed his own chute anyway . Ask Dad ?

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
. . . he went to work for Eddie Hill.

If I remember right, "The Thrill" invented the burnout (for warming tires before racing).
Eddie was also the first to own the 1/4 mile record on both land and water at the same time. I met him once a few years ago at a R/C airplane park. He arrived with a trailer full of big, beautiful planes. And boy, could he fly 'em! Dragsters, motorcycles, speedboats, R/C planes . . . He was the best at whatever he decided to do.

Eddie Hill & his wife were great people . I met them on several occasions @ The Strip . His passing hurt ! I still have the cast dragster he autographed for me .

Btw not sure he invented it , they did short ones before him . If your Dad-in -Law is as old as me he can remember tire traction quality's back years ago . They use to smoke those things all the way to the end of the quarter back years ago .

If I remember right, "The Thrill" invented the burnout (for warming tires before racing).
Eddie was also the first to own the 1/4 mile record on both land and water at the same time. I met him once a few years ago at a R/C airplane park. He arrived with a trailer full of big, beautiful planes. And boy, could he fly 'em! Dragsters, motorcycles, speedboats, R/C planes . . . He was the best at whatever he decided to do.

I know he's nice on the outside. but the way he treated ''FUZZY'' was horrible when Fuzzy who cared about his safety(not wanting to put more weight on the front of his dragster) was fired and resulting in Eddie having a horrible wreck from putting too much weight on the front. I'm not in habit on talking bad about anybody but (just saying)

IMG_3931.JPG
My 72 chevelle

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRATT

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?