• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hi im new here.

Hi im new here got the cb ssb bug from a friend that showed me his Bearcat 980 so had to have one myself. I will be listening on ch 16 usb i read somewhere on the forum before I joined that you guys make calls ever now and then there.
Welcome to THE BEST site for CB or Ham Radio.
You might have a long wait on CH 16. If you can swing it get a 40 channel CB with SSB.

The 980 is a nice rig. Think you'll be happy with it. Only thing I'd suggest, add a power mic. I had good reports with a Turner on mine.

And welcome to the forum!:)

Reactions: 357magnum
Welcome.

Using it mobile or fixed?

The Uniden 980 is my favorite as to “The Basic Radio” as AM without SSB just isn’t worth the money.

WWDX a great site for research. It’s no longer a surprise I do a Net search to wind up back here.

(Which reminds me: I have a new 980 delivered several days ago I need to go over and pick up. This site can also whet the “MORE” appetite, so beware!).

I’ve managed to acquire Uniden 880, 885, and now 980 the past few years. The first two are likely to go to new homes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.