• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hi!

fosgate3

Sep 24, 2020
I just joined this forum and thought I would say hi.

I grew up with my mother listening to shortwave radio. My earliest experiences listening to SW was in the late 1970s and early 80s on an antique upright Philco AM/FM/SW tuner with a 78rpm phonograph attached. I wish I still had it but it's gone now. :( Anyway, I thought I would listen to it again and found a site online that hosts a SW tunable receiver. It's probably the first time I played around with SW radio since the early 90s and things have changed a lot for sure. So, I came here to see it would be a place where I can say "hey someone, take a listen to this freq and give me ideas on what I'm hearing" because I'm inquisitive like that.

Thanks for reading. :)

Toke ! Just the guy I wanted to chat with . :whistle: I smelled " Skunk " , found it it , not mine won't touch it , has white specks on leaves ? Too much for this old man to figure out ! :LOL: In the woods , not mine , don't do that stuff , like said " I'd never touch it " , but did some Googling , White Widow " ?:whistle:

Shortwave broadcasting is not what it used to be.

Kinda hypnotic, seeing the Sterba curtain towers being blown in sequence, like monster dominoes.

Given there was NO good reason to give up SW capability (the opposite is true) look to the malefactors. Evil hides in plain sight.

The Net is fragile no matter what lies are told. And requires you use a corporate intercessor.

SW has built-in advantages. They didn’t disappear. Just the ability to use them.

(That would be the point).

Welcome to the new guy. My very limited reading on SW impresses me that I want a capable receiver & antenna.

Like the way I have a TouchTone Western Electric Model 2702 saved against the day I again use it.

16,000-ea post office mailboxes removed. What savings? As it’s the only agency specifically authorized by the Constitution, it’s expenditures are almost nil.

Communication, is other than most-immediate convenience. It’s central.

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.