• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

High Tech flashlights.......

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
These are really some outstanding flashlights, couple of them shine just as far as my 300,000 candle power spotlights on 6v battery's and in a much smaller package!!

These are all Fenix lights except the T25 which is a Olight. A new Fenix light has just hit the market, it is a 2200 lumen, that's next on my list.

One is probably wondering why I have so many. Well I first started with the TK40, then they came out with the 45 which was higher Lumen's. Next they came out with the 35, then the 41, they were all up grades, so I just keep going.......

Tk35 - Beam throw, 400 yards (2-18650 battery's)
TK40 - Beam throw, 335 yards (8 AA battery"s)
Tk41 - Beam throw, 445 yards (8 AA battery's)
Tk45 - Beam throw, 350 yards (8 AA battery's - 3 LED's)
T 25 - Beam throw, 175 yards (2 AA battery's)

lightsr.jpg

Last edited:

i need a good light, i live out in the country and critters are a problem. i really get tired of changing those 6 volt batteries on the rechargeable spot lights a year or so is all they last. i have seen these before i think cabelas carries them

disregard cabelas carries the surefire brand and a 400 lumen of that is $550
Most people won't buy the Surefire brand, mostly because there are lots better lights lights out there for far less amount of money.

There are lots of company's making these lights now, probably no less than 25. Lot of them are cheap to say the least and then the good ones will cost more of coarse.

I can point you to a company here in the states that is making lights and some of them are well over $400, but they will burn your eyes out at 350 yrds.

But the price does not matter, it's what the product will do for your needs. When I want to check for people crossing the back 40 lot, I can see the whole field a 1/4 mile behind me with one of these lights for around $130.

The LED has a life of 50,000 hours, the AA battery's will last many many hours. I use rechargeable types and they are really great for these lights. Most are waterproof to 8 ft & come with spare O rings.

dxman ,yes flashlights have become very hi-tech .i looked at the fenix lights but after long comparisons i actually went with a eagle-tac p100a2.
220 lumens out of 2 aa batteries .darn thing is brighter than my rechargeable spotlight .
reason i went with eagle tac is the color of the light .the fenix seem to have either a little bluish tint or the more neutral tint .
my eagle tac is a cool white led with a smooth reflector and a real nice hott spot .
paid about 45.00 for it and couldnt be happier .

eagle tac now has a upgraded version with a better UI and about 320 lumens out of 2 aa`s .....might get that one next .

if your into lights are you a member here....
CandlePowerForums

if not join up .these guys know more about lights than anyone i know .its where i done all my research .

then start buying lights here

illuminationGear - Tactical & Professional Tools

thats where i got my eagle tac ,you can view side by side light comparison shots there and thats another resource i used to aid in my decision .

i was at the flea market last weekend and scored some nice no name led lights (decent ones) for 2.00 dollars each .....sweet deal......had i been there a minute sooner i would have got some pretty big throwers for 2 bucks each but i seen the guy walk away with them .

i scored a 2 aa light
a 2 c battery light
and a 2 ...123 battery light .that 123 gotta be about 300 lumens .....

how are the colors on those fenix lights?i like cool white beams .

heres a few of mine .my 2.00 dollar scores are here .the 2 c battery is in my van so i didnt get a pic of that one .

i love these lights .

dsc00102rh.jpg

Shot at 2011-07-15

thanks for the info, gents. living out in the boonies, i am a light conniseur (spelling),especially during winter when the day is so short

The only reason these lights are sooo expensive is because they sell them to the gubment. Local police, fire, etc. Then they sell them to the Army, Navy, USAF, Marines. and so on. These flashlight companies must be making 100's of millions of dollars in less than a decade - for just a flashlight. Should go and kick my stock broker for not giving me that tip - ha!

Remember those toilet seats on P3 Orion planes that cost $1200 twenty-five years ago? It was a scam to milk the last dollar out of a gubment contract. Just a standard toilet seat like the one that we use every day.

I wouldn't pay $50 for a Maglite years ago; still think they are junk too. Bulbs always burning out. What do you do if you - dare I say it - lose this ~$350 flash light? You be cryin - that's what! Easy enough to do in the dark.

Just because they have a fancy-looking barrel and they use LED's is reason enough to call them a 'high tech luminary solution'. It's just a friggin flashlight! I still have a cheap $3.98 double D-cell plastic flashlight that has more than paid for itself over the years. And if I lose it - you can bet I won't cry over it. Just go buy another. If you lose one of these $500 'gems'; you will be cryin for days.

Just teasing you - Larry.
Keep them coyotes in check.
Be talkin' to ya on the 2-way soon . . .:D

Last edited:
there are some decent ones out there for around 50 bucks, that will allow you to walk around with it next to the hand gun or rifle while you chasing that darn racoon! they need to be flat and light weight and put a decent beam out.

survival fire starter and flashlight all in one!

just don't let the kids play with it...burning down the house.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.