• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

High Tech flashlights.......

I wouldn't pay $50 for a Maglite years ago; still think they are junk too. Bulbs always burning out. What do you do if you - dare I say it - lose this ~$350 flash light? You be cryin - that's what! Easy enough to do in the dark.
Well Robb, I have never seen any Maglite sell for $50. I use to sell them and the 5 cell I was getting $22 for. I just gave my son the 5 D cell that I've had for the last 18 yrs, it still had the original Krypton bulb in it that I replaced when I first got it.

If you lose one of these $500 'gems'; you will be cryin for days
I don't know Robb, I have been packing my $700 hunting rifle around for close to 30 yrs up and down the mountains and I still have it. I guess if one plans on losing something of high dollar than he or she better not buy it - right....?

Well Robb, them lasers are really getting popular with the guys that are hunting Hogs. They work really good at night when using with a scope.

There are also lots of guys around the world that are using these new flashlights for night hunting. Many companies are making many different mounts for rifles and shotguns just for these new lights.

I think if you were to pick one of these lights up and try it at night, you would be impressed on how bright they are. But then again, if you plan on losing it, better not get one...LOL.

A $500 flashlight with a $100 mount on your $700 rifle?
Woof!

Well, hunting is another hobby that has been taken advantage of by those who can. Less technology in a light than there is in a gun - or a radio for that matter.
That lamp that you posted above, is $1000 with the discount.
Woof!

AA or AAA battery on high current flashlight bad idea.
I own TK35 modded @4A into diode. Surefire U2 modded with 18650 and MC-E - great little, blinding light. Solarforce L900M with P7 emitter@3A. Brightest is my bicycle light 3x XML T6 @4A. Wall of light. Killer on the road.
Mike

AA or AAA battery on high current flashlight bad idea. Mike
Sp5it,
Why is it a bad idea? AA battery's in a couple of my lights will last for over a week on low power (TK41 will go 10 days). Low power will light up the inside of your car or truck with noooo problem!

I have used my TK41 (AA) for a month now, that's showing it to my friends and for general use out the back of the house. When I just checked the battery's 2 days ago, they were still 80% charged! I was very impressed by how much power was still in the battery's!

I also like the TK35 like you have, nice carry light with it's belt holster. I am using the 18650 AW 2900 mAh battery's and these really last a long time......

Tk41 on 8 AA battery's:
Low power - 10 days (10 lumen)
Med --------- 27 hrs (108 lumen - will out shine my 3 cell mag light)
High---------- 7 hrs (335 lumen - will out shine a 5 cell Mag light).
Turbo--------- 2 hr/10min (800 lumen)

fnkycoldmedina,
I have been on the CandlePower forum many times, great place to learn about these lights.

It sounds like you got a very good deal on the Eagletac light.

I just also got the Fenix TK21 2 wks ago - (1) 18650 battery and 468 lumen's.
It's also an excellent light.

fenixtk21u21003.jpg

This will be my next one - should be shipping this month sometime.
4 D cell battery's - primary or rechargeable.
720 meters - 787 yards throw.

fenixtk701003.jpg

Last edited:
fnkycoldmedina,
I have been on the CandlePower forum many times, great place to learn about these lights.

It sounds like you got a very good deal on the Eagletac light.

I just also got the Fenix TK21 2 wks ago - (1) 18650 battery and 468 lumen's.
It's also an excellent light.

fenixtk21u21003.jpg
this is a nice looking light .do you find the fenix brand has any blue tint in their beam?i dont like that blue tint around the edge .my eagle is cool white and shows no sign of any blue tint anywhere in the beam .

i was originally going to get a fenix but after alot of research went with the eagle .it did not disappoint.

To be very honest with you, I don't see any blue light. But my wife can see it on low power, but I can't, mostly because I am partly color blind. But she saids the blue is gone on the other powers.
That was also reported on the CP forum, take a look at it on the forum.

Sp5it,
Why is it a bad idea? AA battery's in a couple of my lights will last for over a week on low power (TK41 will go 10 days). Low power will light up the inside of your car or truck with noooo problem!

On low sure they will.
On high will die within 10-15 minutes. That's why I prefer 14500 (for AA light) or 18650 cells.
Mike

On low sure they will.
On high will die within 10-15 minutes. That's why I prefer 14500 (for AA light) or 18650 cells.
Mike
Well I know for a fact that my Fenix TK40 will go for 2 hrs on high using AA's. Because this past winter we had a power outage, so I set the 41 up on the living room table and left it for the 2 hrs - no loss in power! The battery's were still 80% charged the next day when I checked them!

The light is made to burn for 7 hrs on high and I am confident to it will.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.