• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

High Tech flashlights.......

these lights are regulated .they will deliver full output for the rated time .they do not die slowly and dim out like your standard lights .once fully depleted they simply dont light up .

these lights are regulated .they will deliver full output for the rated time .they do not die slowly and dim out like your standard lights .once fully depleted they simply dont light up .

Which is a real PITA when you need it NOW! Put it down an hour ago and it was working great. Grab it NOW and it lasts a half second and quits then you get to run around looking for fresh batteries. I prefer a light that at least gives you some indication of imminent failure. I have a small light that is like that and although it works great when it lights it is a PITA when I pick it up, turn it on, and all I get is a red flashing battery failure indicator.

I prefer a light that at least gives you some indication of imminent failure.
There are some of these lights out there that do have "power indicators" built into them. Roll of LED's that show how much charge is left.

For me it would never be a problem, (like many 1000s of other people) for if I noticed that the "Turbo" mode was the same brightness as the "high" mode setting, then that would tell me that the battery's are probably getting down to 70% or so.

With many of these lights, they have like 4 setting; low, med, high and turbo. If the battery's are getting really low, say down to 40%, then you won't see much difference when switching like from low to med or high.

So that to me is the only indicator that I need, then I know it's time ck the battery's.

Once you learn how the light works and use good rechargeable batteries, you should never have a problem of finding it dead when you need it.

Also - any of the lights that use the rechargeable AA battery, will also use the primary's.

Don't be afraid to cross over and go into the light ...lol...(or is it look into the light)

Last edited:
I always have My trusty SureFire Tactical Light with Me Day or Night in the car you never know when you need a little edge on a jerk that just wants you to have a bad day :censored:.

Strobe blinder is a sweet setting :D Makes your eyes go :p:

fyi

I was at the TSC store picking up a few items and I see where they had some AmPro flashlights on sale from $10 to $6, it is a single LED light that runs on 3 AA and advertising 135 lumen, so i though what the heck...man was i surprised how bright those things really are. hope they haven't sold out i plan to pick up a couple three and put one in each vehicle plus keep a spare around!

Last edited:
Gamegetter - I see your hooked now.

It seems that the company's are really going all out on these light now, lots and lots of them trying to make a better light.

I have a nice little pocket light, it runs on just 2 AA battery's, is only 6" long and is 200 lumen.

You can see it here

At Christmas I picked up a couple three packs of lights that use three AAA cells and put out 160 lumens.They have three settings,low,high and strobe. The LED lights have come a long way from even just a couple years ago but I just don't like a light that is good when you turn it off and dead when you turn it on again and NWIH am I going to pay a couple hundred dollars for a flash light. I won't even pay $75 for a flashlight as long as my trusty D cell Mag-Lite is still working.

NWIH am I going to pay a couple hundred dollars for a flash light. I won't even pay $75 for a flashlight as long as my trusty D cell Mag-Lite is still working.
AAAhh Captain Kilowatt, I suppose then I could say; no way would I ever pay $100 for a Microphone, when my trusty stock mic is still working...

But speaking of the Mag-lite, I gave away my 5 D cell to my one son and the 3 D cell went to my other son. But, they aren't using them now either, because they both have the new LED lights, which are much smaller and brighter. They've now "grossed over to the bright side" and will never go back to "the dark side".
(y)

Ahhhhh yes, but my D-cell maglite is just inside the door of my vehicle ready to crack someone's skull if they should attempt to enter my vehicle while I am there or if things get out of hand. I once dropped a man to his knees with a maglite as he took a swing at me when I was in the RCMP auxilliary. Try that with a little LED lite with AAA cells. :love: Too each his own but I was never one to have to have the latest and greatest simply because it was the latest and greatest.

Yup once you go l.e.d. You never go back to incandescent. I and my family tend to often work night hours and would have three 6volt lead acid lamps charged for sequential use. A new battery would only last 2.5 hours and would be useless in under a year not to mention using twenty bulbs a year. One battery grew a ball on its side that blew every charger i had. Got a black and decker BDBB26 rechargeable and have never flattened it. Opened it up when it got broken to repair it and was amazed to see only 3 nimh 1600mah AA's in series inside it. I will never buy an incandescent again.

Ahhhhh yes, but my D-cell maglite is just inside the door of my vehicle ready to crack someone's skull if they should attempt to enter my vehicle while I am there or if things get out of hand. I once dropped a man to his knees with a maglite as he took a swing at me when I was in the RCMP auxilliary. Try that with a little LED lite with AAA cells. :love: Too each his own but I was never one to have to have the latest and greatest simply because it was the latest and greatest.
For some reason I kinda figured this may go on and on - LOL.
Ok you've got a point, they are good for inflecting pain.

well i got both led and incandescent now and hopefully between the both I can git r done...i think i have more flashlights than you can shake a stick at
p.s. got a nice led lamp for father's day it opens like a book and has magnets to stick to car when your working on it. am even using it at nights when i go check my 'coon traps now when fully open it puts out a nice bright beam, has 80 led's. no they won't get my sweet corn them vermin!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.