• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HOLY CRAP!!

I am not a good shot with a rifle.
I use a shotgun, more probability of hitting the target.

Advancements in technology has vastly improved to where the "spotter" can use a scope to tell him exactly to within centimeters the distance to target.

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/ar...er-scope-that-compensates-for-crosswinds.html

Instant wind velocity and elevation available by handheld devices.

All the information needed to calculate and adjust the rifle scope is now immediately available to the spotter.

It still takes skill.. a lot of skill to make a long distance shot.
Give the sniper his just due, he made the shot, he holds the record, luck or skill,it is his title well earned.

I am not a good shot with a rifle.
I use a shotgun, more probability of hitting the target.

Advancements in technology has vastly improved to where the "spotter" can use a scope to tell him exactly to within centimeters the distance to target.

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/ar...er-scope-that-compensates-for-crosswinds.html

Instant wind velocity and elevation available by handheld devices.

All the information needed to calculate and adjust the rifle scope is now immediately available to the spotter.

It still takes skill.. a lot of skill to make a long distance shot.
Give the sniper his just due, he made the shot, he holds the record, luck or skill,it is his title well earned.

Those handheld devices are only good at that point. Wind speed and direction can vary over 2+ miles especialy if a valley is concerned.

That scope is not available and very doubtful that the Canadians have it.
It is a science for the shooter and a massive amount of control. If you check it out the procedure is not just steady the rifle and squeeze the trigger. It is Zen like control of the moment. Some snipers can lower their heart rate and the fire point is done when the breath is exhaled and then held and the shot is done between the heart beat.Try running a 100 yard dash and try to shoot a tight pattern at 200 yards. The average civilian can't do it.

And they also fact in the temperature of the propellant in the cartridge. Propellant temperature changes the way it burns and effects the performance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.