• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Holy Wideband!!

Okay, couldn't do a video because of cramped quarters and needing both hands on the radio and shit, but I checked the band width and can go from 26.775 to 27.795 and stay within 1.5:1 on both ends.

Reactions: Slowmover
Yeah, pretty useless. But, I'm hoping to extend them to 108" if I can find light enough material. Some time next summer
That will change the impedance, resonant frequency and VSWR. You may be able to compensate for that with the radiator length, but this antenna has a sealed matching coil that does not appear adjustable if needed.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Maybe it would help to list my rig. I have a Yaesu FT-990 going into a TS DX-500V, going into a meter going into the filter going into the antenna.

Maybe try putting the filter between the FT-990 and the amp? If the FT-990 sees even the slightest bit of mismatch or SWR it could create a harmonic or 54 Mhz spur. Why amplify that harmonic?
Garbage In=Garbage out!

Just my unsolicited 2 cents.

David

Maybe try putting the filter between the FT-990 and the amp? If the FT-990 sees even the slightest bit of mismatch or SWR it could create a harmonic or 54 Mhz spur. Why amplify that harmonic?
Garbage In=Garbage out!

Just my unsolicited 2 cents.

David
There is no mismatch between the radio and amp. Flat match without tuner

Reactions: Slowmover
That will change the impedance, resonant frequency and VSWR. You may be able to compensate for that with the radiator length, but this antenna has a sealed matching coil that does not appear adjustable if needed.
I'm sure there's a formula somewhere to figure it out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.