• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homemade Sigma 4 11 meter base antenna

Anybody know what the ### division mark ### means?

They are telling you to adjust L-2 and it will vary in length depending on where you need to set it according to your install, not every antenna will match at precisely the same length depending on factors the manufacturer has no control over.
the Part about * for best tuning please adjust only the gamma match L-2 with a SWR meter......

jeff

Just a thought. You can beef up the top section with some new tubeing from DX Engering. In my opinion the top three sections are too skiny. Ditch the top hat. Or the (static arrester). If a bird lands on it it can easily bend it over. Ether way you got you a great performer. Plan out a good installation so when you put it up. You don't have to mess with it anymore. 73#s.

you have two issues trying to uprate just the upper sections of the vector,

sirio use thin wall metric tube sizes, dxengineering tube comes in imperial sizes and thicker .058" wall,

i tried using quality metric tube to uprate one of my vectors, it made it so top heavy and floppy it was useless,
i ended up opening the hub out to take avanti tube and extended that,

its far better to slit the tubes and use hose clamps than using the cheap screws that rot.

Reactions: Marconi
you have two issues trying to uprate just the upper sections of the vector,

sirio use thin wall metric tube sizes, dxengineering tube comes in imperial sizes and thicker .058" wall,

i tried using quality metric tube to uprate one of my vectors, it made it so top heavy and floppy it was useless,
i ended up opening the hub out to take avanti tube and extended that,

its far better to slit the tubes and use hose clamps than using the cheap screws that rot.

Even if they're stainless steel? I got some No-Ox-I'd from Redmancb. On the Knights Uk website it was suggested to use nylon line tied to the middle of the vertical as guy supports for the old discontinued Vector 7/8 4000.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.