• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homemade Sigma 4 11 meter base antenna

Thanks! I'm listening to what everyone's saying and paying attention. I 'm treating it like a project. I guess I'm treating this like several car stereo sound system installs i've done over the past decades. The fun part is to dream up,plan up,implement up,install up,tweak up. The thrill of going from a thought to a finished dream is exciting. I grew up watching my dad take something totally irrelevant and adapt it to do another function. When I go to a Home Depot Store I see almost limitless materials for whatever I want to build.
I'm in the info gathering and aquiring stage. If they only would make sleeker clamps. I was planning on polishing my Vector. :p

Last edited:
Marconi, he enjoys buying all the gear, packing the duffel, loading the Range Rover, researching the best camping/fishing/hunting locations, asking others for reviews on those findings, driving out to the location, setting up his gear as much as or more than he cares for either the camping, hunting or fishing. In fact, he may even know the clerk at the local hunting and fishing license issuing establishment on very personal level, all about their own families, histories, and ideas on the best lures, loads, hunting spots and fishing holes . . .

Me, with only short weekends for those kinds of adventures, I like getting my hunting knife in my pocket, my gun in my hand, my ammo in my vest, fishing pole in the truck, crickets in the bucket, stringer on my belt loop, and my butt on to the closest potential hunting/fishing site. When the evening comes I go home to my own bed and whatever worked out or not is done. The only two questions I ask are, "is the fish biting," and "do you know a short cut out there?"
Of course, all this is metaphorical.

Some folks just like the process more than others.

Reactions: 1 person
Well Homer, I thought you two were talking about antenna(s), but I guess I was wrong...it was about personal things between you two. How silly of me.

Never mind. :oops:

It was about antennas.

Everything else was metaphorical*.

He likes talking about it as much as he likes talking on it.

*Metaphor:
"a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between"

I use 0000 steel wool and Citrus Pure:
!CClc4HgBGk~$%28KGrHqQOKjQE0jn!4Z2qBNLmLjSyVQ~~_35.JPG

Smells nice, too.

I use 0000 steel wool and Citrus Pure:
!CClc4HgBGk~$%28KGrHqQOKjQE0jn!4Z2qBNLmLjSyVQ~~_35.JPG

Smells nice, too.

Well, I got the 0000 steel wool. That site I posted said it was very important to polish aluminum the right way. The citrus I'm assuming is to prep the aluminum? The concrete industry has used citric acid in a limited measure to eat concrete film off of equipment.

Last edited:
Nope.
We use this product in the stores to remove all the adhesive residue left on the metal shelves when old tags are peeled away. It is superior to anything we sell that is made for that purpose. It works on metal, paint, glass, etc. it is harmless to painted surfaces, but like citrus based cleaners is excellent for removing dross from the aluminum I use. It has a citrus oil component which I think helps to coat the aluminum.
I don't over think it too much, I just un-complicate things, find what works, and put it to work.

Nope.
We use this product in the stores to remove all the adhesive residue left on the metal shelves when old tags are peeled away. It is superior to anything we sell that is made for that purpose. It works on metal, paint, glass, etc. it is harmless to painted surfaces, but like citrus based cleaners is excellent for removing dross from the aluminum I use. It has a citrus oil component which I think helps to coat the aluminum.
I don't over think it too much, I just un-complicate things, find what works, and put it to work.

What kind of shine should I expect from the 0000 steel wool?

Found something else to clean aluminum. Unsweetened Koolaid in powder form. Sprinkle some and add water and the citric acid in it will brighten the aluminum. Scrub scrub scrub.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.