• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many radios do you run?

As many as I can get my hands on, I am really enjoying a galaxy 2517 right now, looking forward to my d201 and I just traded a nice roadking with a variable for a cobra 140gtl that sounds great. my rt1 hot rod lincoln 2 plus and silver streak 2 pill keep me company in my gas saver and the good ole cobra 138xlr rides with me in the pick up

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
In my shack on or near the bench and hooked up to an antenna are 4 radios.

IC-7300 For HF and 6 meters
Kenwood TM-733 dual band for 2 meters and 70 cm
Kenwood TM-621A for 1.25 Meters
President McKinley for 11 meter monitoring.

There are other radios but they are just being stored in the shack.

Just one. It doesn’t leave room for another. :giggle:
5EFE9B7F-9147-4FAA-B102-EEC960E1B978.jpeg

I have (5) running in my shack at all times from HF/6 meters to one with HF,6 meters,2 meters,432 & D-STAR & DV on all bands with all modes on all bands,VHF/UHF FM,220 mhz FM & GMRS. Next to my recliner I have a Dual Band D-STAR HT & a DMR HT,& an all band all mode HF,6 meter,VHF/UHF mobile & a VHF/UHF FM D-STAR mobile in my pickup. I have an all mode HF/6 meter QRP radio with a Lithium Ion battery if needed as well with portable antennas. I have several other dual band HT's as well that I Rarely ever use. I try & keep the Important bands covered when possible. Can't have too many radios in my opinion. You may read the actual list below this post in my signature.

If my d104 had that much gold left on it I would need some white velvet gloves to use it lol
I currently have (44) D-104 desk microphones & (3) of them are Gold & I never use any of them. They are just Pretty to look at. I use HEIL Studio microphones on most every radio that I own these days. Someone else will get use of them when I'm gone but for now I'll keep them nice & safe & Pretty for the next person in line.

I currently have (44) D-104 desk microphones & (3) of them are Gold & I never use any of them. They are just Pretty to look at. I use HEIL Studio microphones on most every radio that I own these days. Someone else will get use of them when I'm gone but for now I'll keep them nice & safe & Pretty for the next person in line.
I have had some Major changes due to a Lightning Strike & Hurricane here at our home. I went from having an ICOM 7700 & the ICOM PW-1,& an ICOM 9100 & the ICOM 2730a. I replaced the ICOM 7700 with a New ICOM 7610,& the PW-1 with another PW-1,& the 9100 with another 9100.The 2730a was not affected by the Lightning Strike so it remains the same. 7 weeks after the Lightning Strike my tower with my Mosley HF Yagi, M2 6 meter Yagi, Cushcraft 2 meter SSB Yagi & both of my wire antennas came down during the recent Hurricane here in North Florida. I have the radios & amplifier replaced & a friend gave me some ROHN 25 tower to replace what I lost but I have not went & picked up the antennas from my SK friends tower which are the same antennas that I lost. I have someone who is going to install the new tower for FREE so it's just one step at the time. I'm not rushing into it so for now I'm making due with my Antron 99 at 30 feet which was not damaged by the Hurricane or the Lightning Strike thankfully.

I have had some Major changes due to a Lightning Strike & Hurricane here at our home. I went from having an ICOM 7700 & the ICOM PW-1,& an ICOM 9100 & the ICOM 2730a. I replaced the ICOM 7700 with a New ICOM 7610,& the PW-1 with another PW-1,& the 9100 with another 9100.The 2730a was not affected by the Lightning Strike so it remains the same. 7 weeks after the Lightning Strike my tower with my Mosley HF Yagi, M2 6 meter Yagi, Cushcraft 2 meter SSB Yagi & both of my wire antennas came down during the recent Hurricane here in North Florida. I have the radios & amplifier replaced & a friend gave me some ROHN 25 tower to replace what I lost but I have not went & picked up the antennas from my SK friends tower which are the same antennas that I lost. I have someone who is going to install the new tower for FREE so it's just one step at the time. I'm not rushing into it so for now I'm making due with my Antron 99 at 30 feet which was not damaged by the Hurricane or the Lightning Strike thankfully.
Dad gum dude, you've had it rough but glad your home and the important people living there are all OK.

Although it sucks, stuff is just stuff right!

Hope your station rebuild goes smoothly.

Reactions: Rwb and SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.