• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How much is a Siltronix 1011D worth?

Paul678

Feb 7, 2012
And is there an easy modification for use in the
freeband 27.415 to 27.995 MHz?

Should be, since stock it starts at 28MHz.

Thanks in advance....

Whatever the market value maybe.

Depends on condition of the rig. Are all tubes tested? the 8950 tube final is worth almost as much as the radio.

There is conversions for the 6lb6 tube to replace the 8950, takes about one hour of soldering to do the conversion.

I have purchased parts rigs for as little as $38.00 off of fleabay. After a good alignment and replacing some bad tubes it has become a daily user.

If the cosmetic appearance is good and a good set of tubes in it I have seen them go for as little as $50.00 at hamfests and as much as $200.00 on fleabay.

Yahoo siltronix group will have the 11 meter conversion mod.

I had a nice one,

till a dweb in R.I. beat me out of it.Wish Don would send it back.They are going for alot around me in Missouri.Alot of tech class lic run them on 28mhz.73 de JW

Whatever the market value maybe.

Depends on condition of the rig. Are all tubes tested? the 8950 tube final is worth almost as much as the radio.

There is conversions for the 6lb6 tube to replace the 8950, takes about one hour of soldering to do the conversion.

I have purchased parts rigs for as little as $38.00 off of fleabay. After a good alignment and replacing some bad tubes it has become a daily user.

If the cosmetic appearance is good and a good set of tubes in it I have seen them go for as little as $50.00 at hamfests and as much as $200.00 on fleabay.

Yahoo siltronix group will have the 11 meter conversion mod.

I've read online that the mod to transmit on the 27.415 to 27.995 MHz
"freeband" is an easy soldering of ONE wire! True?

I've also read some bad things about these in terms of frequency drift....

I had a nice one,

turn it on and leave it on they didnt drift...still have a few left.My old one that the dweb in R.I. Don beat me out of you and tell it,the on/off knob stuck out alittle past the others because i replaced it and couldnt find one that matched the others,not noticeable.It had a I just hope no one else gets burned by him.If they get it,it is a nice radio,i put a nice xtal fitler in it for ssb/am 73 de n0zna

I don't have the unit, I'm considering buying it.

Ok, I believe I was mistaken. It's transmitting on the CB channels that is an easy soldering of ONE wire, if I'm not mistaken.

The mod to transmit and receive on the 27.415 to 27.995 MHz "freeband" channels will likely involve de-tuning the 28.5MHz oscillator, right?

Does anyone here know how to do this?

Siltronix radios are awesome ssb radios,as far as drift turn them on an hour before use,and you should have nno problems a small computer fan above the final tube will give it more life than imagined,i have 7 of these radios most of them are the 1011c which i am a bigger fan of

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.